Need Help: Best free trading software

Hi im new to trading, I wanted to know the best free day trading software. Currently my broker is virtualbrokers but I use the yahoo finance charts but they aren't that great for day trading and they dont have many customization options. I have a small account $1500. I was looking for a free charting software for day trading any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)
Originally posted by CharterJoe

think or swim

I just looked at think or swim but I can't really find any info on their commision structure? Also im from Canada so would I even be able to open an account with them?
I have an account with oanda. They are out of Canada. its currency trading. probably a better start since you said you had $1500.00, and currency pairs are the best (in my opinion) markets to trade. $1500 would barely last two days in futures day trading.
Originally posted by moezabdul

Hi im new to trading, I wanted to know the best free day trading software. Currently my broker is virtualbrokers but I use the yahoo finance charts but they aren't that great for day trading and they dont have many customization options. I have a small account $1500. I was looking for a free charting software for day trading any suggestions? Thanks in advance :)

is the trading platform provided by virtualbrokers not free? Seems to me it should be. You may want to up your investment to get the free software. It would be worth it. aaaand... Test the software before you do real trades. aaaand.. Learn about overnight maintenance margins for the emini's. The practice software wont enforce those rules. aaand you'll need to know simple multiplication and division and simple math.

It is very difficult to find brokers fees, commissions and trading (margin) rules, on ANY broker website, when your new to this stuff. After everything... It's not as complex as it looks... always use caution,,,, cause even the big money get caught in bad trades and lose big money. Sincere to you and best wishes.
Originally posted by TradeQueen

is the trading platform provided by virtualbrokers not free? Seems to me it should be. You may want to up your investment to get the free software. It would be worth it. aaaand... Test the software before you do real trades. aaaand.. Learn about overnight maintenance margins for the emini's. The practice software wont enforce those rules. aaand you'll need to know simple multiplication and division and simple math.

It is very difficult to find brokers fees, commissions and trading (margin) rules, on ANY broker website, when your new to this stuff. After everything... It's not as complex as it looks... always use caution,,,, cause even the big money get caught in bad trades and lose big money. Sincere to you and best wishes.

The platform provided by Virtualbrokers is just snap quotes so its not real time :/ Thank you for your suggestions I will definitely look into overnight maintenance margins, thanks :)

Hi
To begin you have to choose which program you want to work. I divide the program into several categories:
1. Simple program with the construction schedules. Like Multicharts, X-trader ets. Most brokers provide free access to these programs.
2. More complicated programs with a large assortment of plotting technical analysis. Like Ninja trader, E-Signal ets, These programs provide more opportunities, but are rarely free.
3. The program analyzes the volume. Like Market Delta, Volfix ets.
4. Other specialized programs for arbitrage transactions and options. While you are a novice until you do not need,

Many paid programs offer a trial version and I think this is the best way to try out trial versions and to determine the one that is most like. But I think it is better to pay a reasonable amount and have the advantage in the marketplace.

Free cheese is in the mousetrap.
Why you are looking for best trading software? Have you register with any Forex Broker? Just use any regulated and trustworthy broker for Forex Journey. No need to pay any charge for sign up with Free Trading Software. Just Sign up and enjoy happy trading.
All depend on what market are you trading on