ES Wednesday 3-4-2015

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.

Click image for original size
iv030415
you don't lol
I know this is es thread. but if anyone keeps up with fx usd/cad longs look interesting for a 24hr hold. Good price today.
Newkid,
50%...66%...61.8% and on and on....

I looked at range extensions for years but it wasn't until I started watching Bruce that I realized that the range extensions that seemed to work the best worked only because they were coincidental with one of his Profile observations (which IMHO work way more often than range extensions)

sorry im using globex numbers
i use 25, 50, 100. 50 is generally pretty damn strong though in my experience with an open drive towards it for at least some bounce
FWIW, if you look at my second post today (all the way at the top), I had a greenie pegged at 85. And guess who did not take a long off of it....

Originally posted by PAUL9

Newkid,
50%...66%...61.8% and on and on....

I looked at range extensions for years but it wasn't until I started watching Bruce that I realized that the range extensions that seemed to work the best worked only because they were coincidental with one of his Profile observations (which IMHO work way more often than range extensions)

thanks for the explanation. that is helpful. do you have any stats behind this at all? i know it can be challenging to gather stats on something like this but just curious. thanks again

Originally posted by bhmoney

i use 25, 50, 100. 50 is generally pretty damn strong though in my experience with an open drive towards it for at least some bounce
no stats on it, but been using it for about 10 years and noticed a general trend so now i watch her closely. I also agree though that when paired with a level, she can work magic like today and yesterday
thanks.

Originally posted by bhmoney

no stats on it, but been using it for about 10 years and noticed a general trend so now i watch her closely. I also agree though that when paired with a level, she can work magic like today and yesterday
new kid, whats a greenie?
that is precisely what i am trying to do as well... be a momentum trader when the opportunity presents itself and the rest of the time be a fader..... good trading Big Mike.

Originally posted by Big Mike

Just to add more grist to the mill. Today is the type of day that made me change from a fader to a momentum trader. I try to let the market tell me a story (price action).

Earlier I mentioned the EURO IB low as critical. it was critical because once it was broken to the downside, there was very little push to go above it, price just consolidated sideways around and below the Euro low.

This had me leaning short all the way. When the little burp on the opening didn't hold it was time to hop on short. Targets- Y low and beyond on runners.

Different perspective.

Good luck to all.