ES Wednesday 3-18-15

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.

Click image for original size
iv031815

Tuesday was an inside day with respect to Monday so I will be on the lookout for a breakout of the 2 day balance or a look outside balance and failure. I expect the morning to be slow and choppy until the FOMC announcement at 2 EST so the fades have a better chance of working than a breakout in the morning.
Feb VPOC/POC: 2083.5
March POC/VPOC: 2067.5/64.75
Weekly POC/VPOC: 2038.75/39
All time high: 2117.75

Greenies:
they may have sucked me in but I am long at 60.25....will try for Ib high first.....
cool. should be an interesting trade. you are basically getting long at VAL and looking to get the POC

Originally posted by BruceM

they may have sucked me in but I am long at 60.25....will try for Ib high first.....
we have a poor high and a buying tail...now if only we can keep the 30 minute closes above YD va lows we may have a shot at that 65.....but i will aslo be concerned about that 63 low from YD afternoon
FWIW, the VPOC for the day currently sits at 59 and on days like today, it can act like a big magnet
I will nibble long if it bounces off 59
Bruce, I did not mean to jinx your trade. I was simply making an observation without my money on the line.

Originally posted by NewKid

FWIW, the VPOC for the day currently sits at 59 and on days like today, it can act like a big magnet
0 for 2 today. Time to conserve capital for another day.
Mike, did you take the -10 trade from YD close? That would have put it at YD low like you had pointed out earlier.

Originally posted by Big Mike

No, I didn't. I got tangled up in other domestic duties and missed it! Should have set a limit order before I got called away.
Originally posted by NewKid

Mike, did you take the -10 trade from YD close? That would have put it at YD low like you had pointed out earlier.

Bruce, how are you playing the options before 2 ET? What kind of a position do you have in SPX?

Big Mike: Enormous kudos for not trying to kid yourself or anyone else and being open with your results. I'm incredibly impressed with the humility and humanity expressed by you and BruceM and New Kid and all the others for your ability to "vocalize" you losers as well as yours winners.

No matter what we do in life we will have successes and failures. I think that it's our ability to accept and own our failures that makes us successes in the future.

Also great to see that winning trade of yours at the end of the day!

Good trading everyone!