ES Tuesday 3-31-15

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.

Click image for original size
iv033115
Just curious as to what time frame you guys watch the most?
Let me rephrase.....If you could only have one time frame chart what would it be?
for me it's 5M
Originally posted by CharterJoe

Let me rephrase.....If you could only have one time frame chart what would it be?
For those who are struggling regarding determination of range bound or trend type days, I would suggest a chart 5M, RTH only for the last 20 days or so and see what happens when the open is outside RTH extremes.See how this may or may not be impacted by the previous day's type.

From there, see if you can formulate a game plan as to entry and stop placement, then work on targets or risk/reward parameters that work for you.

The worst is fading on days that want to move and vice-versa.

The past 20 days or so are a good illustration with enough data points close together to get a feel.

Good luck to all!
Thanks mike. The question I ask myself is where are we in a move? Index's will push in a direction for a few 30min bars then push back in the other direction a few bars unless something strong fundamentally (Greece, earnings, great numbers over and over again ect ect) Fx futures will push the usd up for a few days and risk fx down and then flip. markets will generally "trend day" in the middle of a move during strong fundamental drivers, and chop during periods of no fundamental or technical influences. That is start or end of moves are typical slow. on any tf
i watch a 5 min chart and the standard MP chart

Originally posted by CharterJoe

Just curious as to what time frame you guys watch the most?
thanks for the suggestion Mike. I will try doing that homework soon.

Originally posted by Big Mike

For those who are struggling regarding determination of range bound or trend type days, I would suggest a chart 5M, RTH only for the last 20 days or so and see what happens when the open is outside RTH extremes.See how this may or may not be impacted by the previous day's type.

From there, see if you can formulate a game plan as to entry and stop placement, then work on targets or risk/reward parameters that work for you.

The worst is fading on days that want to move and vice-versa.

The past 20 days or so are a good illustration with enough data points close together to get a feel.

Good luck to all!