My reply To Jim Kane

I have no intention of making a "personal" response and since someone has blocked the ability to use the reply button to your recent post this is the only way I know to reach you. I want to keep this as public as possible and deep down so do you. Our emails in the past have left me with empty promises, I still have emails were you tell me that taking down your site is going to be a slow process. Well, here it is 4 - 5 years later and your still selling stuff from that same site ( it's never been taken down) and I would assume you are still mentoring "private" clients. Your favorite way of teaching. So I guess it really has been a slow process You also never posted the public charts you said you would and I find it funny that you just want to gloss over that. And now your expecting something from me ? How strange ! I found that last post full of ego and arrogance. You should also go back and actually read the fib grid as it has no mention of decimal places or fractions and doesn't use highs or lows to calculate fibonacci lines. That's because they are not fibonacci lines. . That title was just my way of being a wise ass ( people are fibbing if they try to sell you stuff about fibs)as I have never heard of anyone using fibs to make money on a consistent basis. As far as Gann goes you can read what Larry Williams found out about Gann when he met his son and a guy who worked for him. Pure fluff but people still buy into it.

So it doesn't take a genius to realize ahead of time that I am not about to give up my time to validate you JIm. You are getting caught up on wanting to get credit for a number. Some .88 decimal thing or something. Lets have you validate yourself to us. Just scan in 4 years of verified trading statements. You will then have the honor of being one of the one percent ( not even sure if it would be that high )of people selling trading information that can actually back up their claims. Or just take some white out and get rid of your account stuff, scan them in and then all the world can see. You will have the validation you seem to be looking for.They can be quarterly or whatever you want. You obviously have tons of time if you are the one with the most posts and can write so much . So this should be a small task.

I have absolutely no interest in your material. So lets not drag this on and have you keep us waiting for years to get us those statements. You know that I am always suspicious of posts from people that need to keep their name out there. That's a given. It doesn't take a genius to know I would think that.

Let's not insult the forum anymore with this. Just post the statements and put and end to it. Anything less just implies that you are stalling and trying to redirect peoples attention. Oh yeah, one last thing .."wealthy" is a relative term so don't get so hung up on that.

Bruce
I have a problem with this JIm as you never said you would "never ever" take the website down. In fact you said just the opposite. The following was said by you in email on 3/17/2011 when we were still on friendly terms and you were explaining the situation. This is in regards specifically to the website. I have the emails so you should check your facts. Here is a brief quote from you back then :

Jim Kane :"
Bottom line is, I have been phasing it out, it’s been in progress, but cutting the final cord, thinking about looking up and saying to my dad, here it goes, dad, I’m doing it to you again, I don’t care about this project, I don’t care that we did this together, Bruce has really made me see it’s time, well, that is something I just can’t make myself do yet. "

so you stated to me that you were phasing out the site but haven't finished the entire task yet ! I understand that it was a painful situation but this is exactly what you said.

so please show me the part in the emails we exchanged where you said " I will never, ever take the site down Ever " ? Do you have emails I don't ? If you need copies of the emails I will get them to you. I would think if you said this multiple times to me then you can show me one example . I can't find any. So this is just a flat out lie based on the evidence I have.

Originally posted by jimkane

As far as the site, I explained that to you multiple times in personal communications. I will tell the story once again in public. I will never, ever take the site down. Ever. I built that site with my dad. I knew nothing about web coding. He built my previous business site, and we worked on this one together, side by side. I described what I wanted, he did it. We spent like six months on it. My previous business website was the most extensive at the time of anyone in that business. When I told him to take it down he was very disappointed (I have since resurrected a few of the pages as a tribute). Then he died suddenly.

He was my best friend. There has been a huge hole in my life ever since. I told this all to Bruce, several times. I will never take the site down. Ever. It will go down when I pass away and the hosting company stops getting paid. That's a given. I did say I wanted to take it down because I am so sick of people like Bruce that I just wanted to divorce myself from all this. But given what I just mentioned, I am not going to let people like that spoil my keeping alive the only existing project my dad and I worked on together. Instead I just gave up on the public area. Left all the haters to themselves.

I'd be curious to know how many people that are reading this think discussion at this level, and in advance market reads like I posted, are dribble, as Bruce said above... Looks like really on point, high level discussion to me. I used to get voted up constantly when I posted in the public area. If I recall correctly (I do) I was one of the most popular posters back then. Go back (anyone can search on this forum under my name) and read some of the old posts and discussions. Now, tell me anyone, who has posted that much content in here of that depth? I don't mean who has posted the most trade sequences, I mean who has tried to address questions newer traders have, and do it in depth, more than I have? To call my sincere efforts at this forum dribble, I just don't get that. Maybe say you vehemently disagree, I can see that. But to trivialize them, I can't imagine anyone who isn't a disciple agreeing with that viewpoint.
and while we are clearing things up here is the Borsellino stuff: he used 88% but also mentions 90 and 91 % here is the link. I think this book came out when he started his failed venture teachtrade.com

https://www.coursehero.com/file/p3jsng/The-88-retracement-is-something-that-we-use-as-a-target-for-future-moves-Lets/
why do you need my support so bad ? I don't get it ? I haven't mentioned you in 4- 5 years and all of a sudden my support is important and you fire up some quote from long ago? I don't even post here that often myself but hope to be back soon and more active but I don't get your hang up with me. I'm no god or guru. I'm just a grunt trader carving out a living who is expanding to options. I just don't like it when people make claims that can't be backed up or mention things that aren't true.

Why don't we compromise to this: You post a current years worth of statements of whatever you choose ( but they must be real, not an excel spreadsheet and be from a trading firm we hopefully all know or can verify it's a real firm) and you have my word that I won't comment on them in any way at all. Now I am giving my word in public so I can be held to task. This way we can let anyone who reads this validate things for themselves. They certainly don't need me to do that anyway. You can point to this thread if you wish and do what you like. So basically post what you like outside of those 2 things I mentioned. If you choose to post statements that show only one trade per month or a thousand then so be it . There is no need for me to endorse anything.

Now if business is slow then you might want to do some searching on your products as someone gave me a link that has a ton of your work in pdf form for free. Looks like most of your books . I'd gladly send you the link if you wish in private ( so you can take legal action) as I will not post it publicly and I ask anyone reading this to avoid contacting me for that information. I may be a bastard in many peoples eyes but deep down I just want the truth. So contact me JIm if you want what was sent to me.

Those kinds of trading posts ( the ones you did above) are great and I think if people saw them in a public area like the ES day trading threads then it would help build credibility if that is what you desire. Then having the statements would be a great addition. Does this sound fair ? It seems quite flexible and hopefully you can find a way to work with my two requests and " Rules" of the statements.

. What do they have to show?

A certain wining percentage (absolutely meaningless, since 'expected value' is all that matters, and trend traders frequently have winning percentages in the 30's). A certain return for the period? What? You tell me right now, before this goes any further, what it needs to show to get this 'approval'. And if I do it, will you then come back with the obvious, I could have faked them instead of the promised support? If I post them, and they meet your criteria, does it end there, and you give that stamp of approval? I'm welcome to post and mention my books in the public area, in reference to trading posts I make there, and you'll support me?

Or will we then go down the road of the statements aren't enough? Let's get this on the record, and then let's move ahead. Of course you will not agree to any of this. Of course not. But you can feel free to tell about how my credibility is lost. Especially with those posts I just posted. Too funny, all of this. Like I said, there is nothing I can ever do that will please Bruce. Now watch, everyone, and see if Bruce specifically addresses what criteria the statements need so that he will start publicly supporting me, or if he will do the distraction routine again... Just list the criteria and the public pledge of support.

Originally posted by BruceM

Talk about Predictability ! You've lost all credibility with me Jim ! You are not a man of your word. So now your doing a 360 degree turn on the website take down too and you expect someone who isn't selling products to provide statements ? Like I said here comes the stall and redirect. I've been babbling about that vendor tactic for over a decade. Your true colors have been shown. I'll leave it here but will congratulate you if/when you get those statements to us. Your past track record of following through is dismal. The simple truth is that if you had the statements you would show them just to shut me up and put me in my place. All your words and counter - challenges mean nothing ! I apologize to the forum for briefly getting sucked back into this crap and wasting anyone's time who is actually reading this dribble. My mission with Jim Kane is complete .

Let's not insult the forum anymore with this. Just post the statements and put and end to it. Anything less just implies that you are stalling and trying to redirect peoples attention.

Here's the thing, Bruce. You want that website down. You have an agenda. You will feel that you accomplished something to make the world a better place if you do that. So, you can only see that. Here's what I see. I did say that. I keep all emails, too, since the very first one I ever wrote. I know an email is about as private as talking with a bull horn in Grand Central Station. But what you don't do is take into account peoples lives change. And no one, no matter how honest, is not entitled to change their mind from what they thought at a given moment just because they said so.

Right after the time of those emails I got hit by the health condition I am battling to this day. Feel free to email PT and ask him, he knows some details. None of this should be posted in a public forum. I have to be crazy to post this to be forever captured on the Internet. This is my private life. Yet I am doing it, because of you. The acute episode lasted like six months and I'm a betting man, I don't see how I lived. My life has been garbage ever since. You want to know what set me off when I just happened to see that post of yours? My better half of almost thirty years and I just got back from the hospital for her. We got her diagnosis. It's not good. In fact, not good is way too generous. So, yeah, since way back then then I changed my mind, multiple times.

I have essentially zero human contact, can't really go out, live in a rural area, and have zero friends. Other than my better half I have no family any longer. As you know (maybe not) my sister was killed in a t-bone accident. My niece got some nice permanent brain damage out of it. So, if I cut the website out, no one ever emails me with questions, nothing. The few forum members I have, my few legacy students, I got them via the website. Look, everyone knows my books were pirated like eight years ago. Anyone can get them free online. Sure, it's a felony, but I know for a fact some readers here have pirated them. I barely sell any books since they were illegally stolen. I barely mentor, mostly because it is so intense the way I do it I can't handle it health-wise.

I spend a lot of time thinking about my own mortality as I 'get up there' with these health issues. I have discovered amazing things about the market, far beyond my wildest dreams. What can I say, I'm extraordinarily gifted (on the National Freshman Chemistry Exam I scored 18 percentage points above the 100th percentile if I recall correctly. How can that even be? My score was 18 points more than the score of essentially everyone else who took the test nationwide, with a raw score max of 80. They said they had never seen anything like it.), and I'm the hardest worker I have ever seen. My life situation was such that I could spend 60+ hours a week on this, year after year after year, for almost two decades.

So, to appease you I could have taken down the website. Or, to appease me after realizing I'm screwed health-wise, I will be in front of a computer screen for the rest of my life, like it or not, then I lose my sister, now my better half is in a bad situation, you know what Bruce, that's all I have. If you want to show me how, completely alone, you can do nothing but market by yourself for endless years until your time is up, well, then I'll listen to what you are saying. But as it is now, I'm keeping my only contact with the world and my dad going until my time is up.

Don't worry, maybe you won't have to wait too long to get your wish. My health isn't great. But as long as I'm here, you'll just have to live with it that you didn't succeed, you didn't 'drive me out of business', you didn't stop me from screwing all those poor innocent suckers that I teach my worthless junk to (because, after all, all vendors are bad, right?), you just couldn't save them from me and my get rich quick schemes. Bottom line for me is that I found all this stuff, and I want to pass it on. It goes way beyond the books (the last one was written almost eleven years ago). And I have found that if you offer something like this to people for free they don't respect it. I need to screen people out for only the most serious, most dedicated. I do not want to go and not pass this on.

None of this is your concern, honestly. I am doing what I think is right. I am not like any other 'vendor'. Your hatred of vendors will never allow you to see me any other way. In that way you are a 'racist'. Someone who hates someone for the color of their skin, or their religion. Painting all people of that kind with one stroke. I am being painted bad by you because you call me a vendor, but refuse to look at me for who I am. What did Martin Luther King, Jr. say? I truly feel sorry for you, what your life must be like...

Oh, and by the way, I didn't know that if I changed my mind about my business or my life I was supposed to email you and let you know.

I have a problem with this JIm as you never said you would "never ever" take the website down. In fact you said just the opposite. The following was said by you in email on 3/17/2011 when we were still on friendly terms and you were explaining the situation. This is in regards specifically to the website. I have the emails so you should check your facts. Here is a brief quote from you back then :

Bottom line is, I have been phasing it out, it’s been in progress, but cutting the final cord, thinking about looking up and saying to my dad, here it goes, dad, I’m doing it to you again, I don’t care about this project, I don’t care that we did this together, Bruce has really made me see it’s time, well, that is something I just can’t make myself do yet. "

so you stated to me that you were phasing out the site but haven't finished the entire task yet ! I understand that it was a painful situation but this is exactly what you said.

so please show me the part in the emails we exchanged where you said " I will never, ever take the site down Ever " ? Do you have emails I don't ? If you need copies of the emails I will get them to you. I would think if you said this multiple times to me then you can show me one example . I can't find any. So this is just a flat out lie based on the evidence I have.

As far as the site, I explained that to you multiple times in personal communications. I will tell the story once again in public. I will never, ever take the site down. Ever. I built that site with my dad. I knew nothing about web coding. He built my previous business site, and we worked on this one together, side by side. I described what I wanted, he did it. We spent like six months on it. My previous business website was the most extensive at the time of anyone in that business. When I told him to take it down he was very disappointed (I have since resurrected a few of the pages as a tribute). Then he died suddenly.

He was my best friend. There has been a huge hole in my life ever since. I told this all to Bruce, several times. I will never take the site down. Ever. It will go down when I pass away and the hosting company stops getting paid. That's a given. I did say I wanted to take it down because I am so sick of people like Bruce that I just wanted to divorce myself from all this. But given what I just mentioned, I am not going to let people like that spoil my keeping alive the only existing project my dad and I worked on together. Instead I just gave up on the public area. Left all the haters to themselves.

I don't care if the website stays or goes otherwise I would have been on your case the past 5 years. I let it go years ago and you should have too. I was only pointing out things you didn't keep your word on once YOU brought this back up . You need to remember that YOU brought all this back up. Repeat after me ...".I, JIm Kane brought this back up !" YOU are the one caught telling lies of things that were never typed to me in email ( notice how you avoided addressing the "never ever" closing the site down references that you never typed to me....just gloss over it ). YOU are the one that seems to be trying to get "even" with me for some reason as if it's my fault things have happened to you.

Is this the point where I give you so much flexibility with the statements but you still back down ? Is this the point that some other condition will be added by you so you don't need to comply? Is it the old " I'm so angry and pissed off at BruceM that I won't give that guy anything " routine?

I hope you and your wife nothing but good health and I hope you are trading and raising KANE ( pun intended) for a long time. I don't wish any bad to you. I'm just holding you to the things you said and want you to be accountable for telling lies about things you didn't say in emails. That is just !
I don't need your support at all, Bruce. To be honest, and not sound like too much of a *%#$, I could care less what you think. I care when you post in an inflammatory way towards me on the Internet, which will last 'forever'. I explained in the previous post, which I was working on when you posted this (so I hadn't seen this yet), what set me off. All I am after at this point in my life is to pass on what I have learned to a few people. It would take years of intense study to get even a fraction of it. This requires a very special set of circumstances to find anyone in that position. So far I have found one. He was a long-time hedge fund manager, and still is. He wants me to join him, but my health makes that very unfeasible.

I just don't want stuff like that out there, unresolved, when I see day after day after day what I post in my area. I do that all for free. No one has ever been charged for that. What do I want? I want you to see me as I am. To know the person I am, what my skills are, what my intentions are, and what I actually have made from the KT project, and what the people who have worked with me truly think, like you knew them like a brother and talked to them about it. That's what I want. And I could care less if you posted it at all, as long as the things you said were not out there for people to see as the last word on things.

As far as links or PDF's, as I said in the above post, I knew that like eight years ago. That's why I found it so funny how you'd go on and on about making me rich. Most people are very comfortable committing felonies, so not many seemed to care about stealing my books.

As for the statements, none of what I asked was addressed, and I have zero to prove, so I guess we let that one die. All I was trying to do was come up with some way, some method of some kind, to 'force' you to see me as I am. To make you have to face what my capabilities are, what my skills are, what people I have helped think of me, and to think about the things you said in the past, the paint all vendors the same, shoot first and don't bother with questions later, must kill his website and get him off MyPivots approach you follow. I just wanted you to see the truth. Why? Because you are the only one here that really attacked me. I posted and was highly thought of here, but you didn't like me posting in 'your daytrading thread' so you attacked me, and your disciples followed. I lost my ability basically to contribute in the public area because of that. And you are left with an opinion of me that is completely wrong. So what do I want? I want that fixed...

why do you need my support so bad ? I don't get it ? I haven't mentioned you in 4- 5 years and all of a sudden my support is important and you fire up some quote from long ago? I don't even post here that often myself but hope to be back soon and more active but I don't get your hang up with me. I'm no god or guru. I'm just a grunt trader carving out a living who is expanding to options. I just don't like it when people make claims that can't be backed up or mention things that aren't true.

Why don't we compromise to this: You post a current years worth of statements of whatever you choose ( but they must be real, not an excel spreadsheet and be from a trading firm we hopefully all know or can verify it's a real firm) and you have my word that I won't comment on them in any way at all. Now I am giving my word in public so I can be held to task. This way we can let anyone who reads this validate things for themselves. They certainly don't need me to do that anyway. You can point to this thread if you wish and do what you like. So basically post what you like outside of those 2 things I mentioned. If you choose to post statements that show only one trade per month or a thousand then so be it . There is no need for me to endorse anything.

Now if business is slow then you might want to do some searching on your products as someone gave me a link that has a ton of your work in pdf form for free. Looks like most of your books . I'd gladly send you the link if you wish in private ( so you can take legal action) as I will not post it publicly and I ask anyone reading this to avoid contacting me for that information. I may be a bastard in many peoples eyes but deep down I just want the truth. So contact me JIm if you want what was sent to me.

Those kinds of trading posts ( the ones you did above) are great and I think if people saw them in a public area like the ES day trading threads then it would help build credibility if that is what you desire. Then having the statements would be a great addition. Does this sound fair ? It seems quite flexible and hopefully you can find a way to work with my two requests and " Rules" of the statements.

. What do they have to show?

A certain wining percentage (absolutely meaningless, since 'expected value' is all that matters, and trend traders frequently have winning percentages in the 30's). A certain return for the period? What? You tell me right now, before this goes any further, what it needs to show to get this 'approval'. And if I do it, will you then come back with the obvious, I could have faked them instead of the promised support? If I post them, and they meet your criteria, does it end there, and you give that stamp of approval? I'm welcome to post and mention my books in the public area, in reference to trading posts I make there, and you'll support me?

Or will we then go down the road of the statements aren't enough? Let's get this on the record, and then let's move ahead. Of course you will not agree to any of this. Of course not. But you can feel free to tell about how my credibility is lost. Especially with those posts I just posted. Too funny, all of this. Like I said, there is nothing I can ever do that will please Bruce. Now watch, everyone, and see if Bruce specifically addresses what criteria the statements need so that he will start publicly supporting me, or if he will do the distraction routine again... Just list the criteria and the public pledge of support.

Talk about Predictability ! You've lost all credibility with me Jim ! You are not a man of your word. So now your doing a 360 degree turn on the website take down too and you expect someone who isn't selling products to provide statements ? Like I said here comes the stall and redirect. I've been babbling about that vendor tactic for over a decade. Your true colors have been shown. I'll leave it here but will congratulate you if/when you get those statements to us. Your past track record of following through is dismal. The simple truth is that if you had the statements you would show them just to shut me up and put me in my place. All your words and counter - challenges mean nothing ! I apologize to the forum for briefly getting sucked back into this crap and wasting anyone's time who is actually reading this dribble. My mission with Jim Kane is complete .

Let's not insult the forum anymore with this. Just post the statements and put and end to it. Anything less just implies that you are stalling and trying to redirect peoples attention.

Okay, I'm totally confused here. I guess I missed something.

"YOU are the one caught telling lies of things that were never typed to me in email ( notice how you avoided addressing the "never ever" closing the site down references that you never typed to me....just gloss over it )."

Is it just the sentence structure here, or am I getting tired? First I never glossed over anything. You know me, I'll grind this out until one of us falls asleep. Honestly, I can't make heads or tails out of this. "YOU are the one caught telling lies of things that were never typed to me in email." I have no idea what that means. What lie? Is it a quote of you? All quotes I quoted from you are from this forum. I quoted no emails at all. I don't quote emails unless I ask and the person answers back in writing it's okay to post, out of courtesy. And "notice how you avoided addressing the "never ever" closing the site down references that you never typed to me....just gloss over it" I have no idea what that means.

Can you clarify this so I can understand it?

It's silly to suggest that in any way I think you are to blame for my life circumstances, I don't know why you would even say that.

As for the statements, I addressed that elsewhere, but like a dog with a bone, you are on the 'fake vendors won't provide statements' kick, and you know you have to lean on this now, doing the same old, same old 'See, he won't produce them, just like all the others over the years', so I know I can't win.

I don't care if the website stays or goes otherwise I would have been on your case the past 5 years. I let it go years ago and you should have too. I was only pointing out things you didn't keep your word on once YOU brought this back up . You need to remember that YOU brought all this back up. Repeat after me ...".I, JIm Kane brought this back up !" YOU are the one caught telling lies of things that were never typed to me in email ( notice how you avoided addressing the "never ever" closing the site down references that you never typed to me....just gloss over it ). YOU are the one that seems to be trying to get "even" with me for some reason as if it's my fault things have happened to you.

Is this the point where I give you so much flexibility with the statements but you still back down ? Is this the point that some other condition will be added by you so you don't need to comply? Is it the old " I'm so angry and pissed off at BruceM that I won't give that guy anything " routine?

I hope you and your wife nothing but good health and I hope you are trading and raising KANE ( pun intended) for a long time. I don't wish any bad to you. I'm just holding you to the things you said and want you to be accountable for telling lies about things you didn't say in emails. That is just !
I keep trying to understand this and I can't. I love being held accountable. I'm ready. "...for telling lies about things you didn't say in emails" Is it just the grammar here I can't understand? Do you mean a lie of omission? If I didn't say it in an email, what do you mean? I lied and said I said it in an email but you say I didn't? Please clarify, specifically, because I'm lost.

...I'm just holding you to the things you said and want you to be accountable for telling lies about things you didn't say in emails. That is just !
Okay, I see the confusion. I kept looking and looking, like I do when studying the market, until I find it. No, the quote below:

I will never, ever take the site down. Ever.

is how I feel today. I went back and told the story to refresh you of why it is was an emotional issue for me then. In additional posts I explained what has happened since the email you quoted, and why I changed my mind on closing it down. I stopped all posting, I only do routine maintenance, in keeping with what I said in that last email. I explained why I decided, over the years since then, to keep it up. The above quote was my way of saying, now, let that old email go, stop clinging to that, I changed my mind (for the stated reasons), and I am never going to take it down.

That solves that issue. Nothing to be accountable for, no lies, correct?

This is my forum in here, no matter who starts the thread. I closed this topic. Posting after that is showing no respect. The only reason it isn't already locked is there were some forum changes and moderators can't lock it right now, so we are waiting on Guy. Please stop posting. If you want to continue this discussion go outside the Kane Trading forum area and start a new thread out there.