ES Thursday 5/5/16

How I am framing it out today. I wanted to share part of a private message I received recently which really sums up how we all should be looking at trading ideas shared by others.

" I am of the belief that we should trade what we are comfortable with and not push our ideas on each other. I tried copying your trading style and failed at it. But I learned from it and adopted some of your style, combined it with a few other things and made it my own."

This is what trading eventually becomes for all of us. We borrow ( like I have ) and come up with our own ways of interpreting data. A way that fits our personality. I certainly don't expect to trade like anyone else and wouldn't want anyone to trade like I do. Getting comments like this is so rewarding because I know in some way I have helped someone on their journey the same way that others have helped me ( and still do ) ! This quote captures the true spirit of our ES threads. Trading is made very complex by some but to me it comes down to buying and selling in predetermined areas, taking losses and profits and not giving up.

I have some other comments that have been brought to my attention about the Kane situation so I am hoping to get to those later but will not be done on these threads. I said I wouldn't respond to him directly and I won't but I want to address anyone's concerns that I have known for a while , care about and whose opinions matter to me.
No video below? Try this link: ES_5-5-16.swf

I can only try the long side until that midpoint prints as we are opening under the SITYS number, the midpoint and the R1
trying from 49 now.....I really don't like how this zone from 48.75 down to 45 is so wide and will not be averaging in on this...I will take small trades and stop outs in this zone
lucky trade ...coming out heavy at 52.25 ahead of midpoint
stopped out at 50.25 and may try once more for my SITYS number...just an FYI...I'm not always planning to post trades I take....it doesn't really matter what I do, it matters what YOU can do
once more from 48.75......keeping a tight lid on this as vwap sits above and that big time node and the pivot is below....
sorry...just too quick on this to trade and type...see video as to why I had that edge...took 50.75....and trying to hold again....last trade of the day...this is another reason not to post the trades as they happen.....sometimes it's just too quick to be of any use..but just look at the lines and think about the probabilities..more said in a moment
so I have a 99% probability that we will print 53.50 or 35.50...to print 35.50 we would have to get through all that crap in the 46 - 48.75 area first to even have a chance at that...so I'm leaning on the upside number probability and trying to take pieces on the way when I can
now for me I will stop out at 49.50 or get 53.25.......gonna try to get to other mindless business now
the battle continues, 30-min VPOC at 50.75
Bruce, I dont want you to feel that you are the only one posting. I want to post but nothing much to contribute here so I will keep trying. Thanks for the great work.
only took the one trade for a small win but good enough I guess 44 - 45 is still a key zone but I'm not looking to give anything back... c ya in the morning