Question For BruceM on (raising) Kane !

1)So I was asked if I feel like I betrayed a trust by sharing a personal message from Jim that was written 5 years ago. My answer is “NO” and I have no loyalty to those who spread lies and try to come after me in any way with things that just aren't true. Those who try to portray things in an inaccurate light. I dig myself in and battle back. So one needs to remember that Jim recently FIRST posted the below comments BEFORE I ever posted the personal correspondence.

JIM Kane posted :

“As far as the site, I explained that to you multiple times in personal communications. I will tell the story once again in public. I will never, ever take the site down. Ever. I built that site with my dad. I knew nothing about web coding. He built my previous business site, and we worked on this one together, side by side. I described what I wanted, he did it. We spent like six months on it. My previous business website was the most extensive at the time of anyone in that business. When I told him to take it down he was very disappointed (I have since resurrected a few of the pages as a tribute). Then he died suddenly.

He was my best friend. There has been a huge hole in my life ever since. I told this all to Bruce, several times. I will never take the site down. Ever. It will go down when I pass away and the hosting company stops getting paid. That's a given. I did say I wanted to take it down because I am so sick of people like Bruce that I just wanted to divorce myself from all this. “

So all I did was post what Jim had already brought out to the public first. I was using his own email to show that he never said some of those things he mentioned and that I have quoted above. “ I told this all to Bruce”....it's just a lie. He never said he was taking it down because of me. He also never said he would “never ever take the site down “.....so I provided the proof by posting what his email actually said. It's very simple. The man is a liar. He's implying here that he said he would never take his site down and told me that . Well that was never told to me 5 years ago. In fact just the opposite.

Let me be clear, you come after me then I come back at you with the facts and since I have no respect for the man I don't owe him anything. Especially if he is trying to pass off false information. I will use what I can to bring out the truth. I would gladly do it again. I owe it to myself and the forum to show the truth.

2)Some want to know why I'm trying to be painted as a vendor hater. Well, you might want to ask Jim that but here is my take. Years ago I had some run ins with two main vendors ..The Trading Zoo and Austin Pasamonte at coiled markets. Things got ugly but most have seen the light with those two. Trading Zoo is long gone and Coiled has reviews on our site and how he keeps changing his vending habits. I'm sure I have also mentioned a few others in threads here and there that I felt were dishonest but those are the main two that pop into my head. I've already said how Kane duped me years ago in recent threads so he can have that satisfaction but he has shown us who he really is now.

Now what about all the vendors I have mentioned positively in the ES threads ? The Jim Daltons, the jpjtrading, books I have mentioned, Tasty trade folks for options, FT71,Ivolatility.com. Heck, they're all selling something...I'm sure I”m forgetting dozens of other references...oh yeah, Dr. Brett....he sells books...some I've mentioned for years....and what about the vendor reviews I did here

http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/8369/-1/john-carter-weekly-options

and this one

http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/7763/-1/l2st-course-review

So Jim wants you to think that I hate all vendors but he is just plain wrong once again. If I hated them then why would I bother posting good things about good vendors ? Does the above make it seem like I hate vendors ? He's just not making sense and wants to keep adding to this tabloid drama. He's jealous of the fact that I trade and I have nothing good to say about HIM as a vendor. I don't know him personally. He'll probably want to keep this going because he gets some perverse thrill out of it and has nothing better to do. How sad for him ! He's got to pay the bills and keep his name out there because he is a writer and a vendor, not a trader. I think that is crystal clear.

I'd like to let this all go but as long as there are lies being told about me then please keep bringing it to my attention. I will not respond to Jim directly or his sidekick Marcino ( but will if he follows through). That poster was asked a ton of questions about vendors in my thread Jim conveniently locked down and Marcio never had the class to address the questions or get back to me . It gets tiring when people make sweeping generalizations without the proof to back things up. If Marcino has questions for me then I will address them after he publicly posts his response to my questions so all can see his mastermind brain at work.

So we can predict that Jim will need to make some new post somewhere in attempt to refute this. Remember he sells stuff and if someone questions his abilities he needs to attack to defend his source of income. I don't mind the attacks, those I can handle. It's the illogical nonsense he's trying to lay down on us. I was duped 5 years ago and it's not gonna happen again. I've made that clear. There isn't much else to say but I will handle any questions “normal” posters have. I'm not expecting too much more as I think I covered it all but this thread is here if needed.
BruceM wrote:
So we can predict that Jim will need to make some new post somewhere in attempt to refute this. Remember he sells stuff and if someone questions his abilities he needs to attack to defend his source of income. I don't mind the attacks, those I can handle. It's the illogical nonsense he's trying to lay down on us. I was duped 5 years ago and it's not gonna happen again. I've made that clear. There isn't much else to say but I will handle any questions “normal” posters have. I'm not expecting too much more as I think I covered it all but this thread is here if needed.

What you have to say is a bull****, nothing more. I follow Jim's posts where he calls next levels that ES is going to hit in advance and I also read yours, so I can compare your skills to some extent. I will write again that in vast majority of cases Jim is on the right side of the market and has an outstanding ability to ride long moves. In case of trading skills and market understanding he is way much better than you, there is no doubt about that.
Given how much Jim can get out of markets it is plain obvious that selling books may be at best an insignificant add-on to his trading income,
So saying that he needs to protect his source of income, which according to you is selling books, is a libel.
Originally posted by MarcinO

BruceM wrote:

What you have to say is a bull****, nothing more. I follow Jim's posts where he calls next levels that ES is going to hit in advance and I also read yours, so I can compare your skills to some extent. I will write again that in vast majority of cases Jim is on the right side of the market and has an outstanding ability to ride long moves. In case of trading skills and market understanding he is way much better than you, there is no doubt about that.
Given how much Jim can get out of markets it is plain obvious that selling books may be at best an insignificant add-on to his trading income,
So saying that he needs to protect his source of income, which according to you is selling books, is a libel.

I have no dog in this fight but didn't Jim himself post that he does NOT trade and isn't good at trading?
Big Mike, can you show where you read that?
I think it may be a misunderstanding, as Jim for sure is a trader. Exceptionally good trader.
Originally posted by MarcinO

Big Mike, can you show where you read that?
I think it may be a misunderstanding, as Jim for sure is a trader. Exceptionally good trader.

Maybe I didn't sense when his sarcasm was on/off in one of the posts, it certainly is possible.

However, I have never seen a trader who any good at the time offer much by way of instruction or market knowledge. The pattern for most is, have some success, make a bit of a name and then becoming a trading vendor. To my way of thinking, the vendor route is chump change compared to what trading could earn. Also to my way of thinking, selling "educational" stuff is a helluva lot easier.

Again, I have no dog in the fight.
Originally posted by Big Mike

Maybe I didn't sense when his sarcasm was on/off in one of the posts, it certainly is possible.

However, I have never seen a trader who any good at the time offer much by way of instruction or market knowledge. The pattern for most is, have some success, make a bit of a name and then becoming a trading vendor. To my way of thinking, the vendor route is chump change compared to what trading could earn. Also to my way of thinking, selling "educational" stuff is a helluva lot easier.

Again, I have no dog in the fight.

Mike, your general impression on how trading education business looks like is absolutely correct and I fully agree with it. The problem is that Jim is an exception in it. I have been watching him in his private area on daily basis for five years now and he is damn good. It's not only about indicating areas where market stops or reverses with very high accuracy but being on the right side of the market i.e. naming next levels only in one direction. Everything posted in advance. Unfortunately, after he found out that old post claiming that he wasn't the first to discover .886 and all the recent unjustified allegations followed, he decided to quit any forum activity on mypivots, which is a huge loss for people like me...

I will repeat a couple of other already posted facts concernign Jim's approach to education, which is uncommon in this business. First of all, if you visit his web site, you will see that in 'free reading' section he posted a few articles about trading reality i.e. how hard it is to make money from trading and how much effort (I think he mentioned 5 years) is required to get to this stage. Usually, you will encounter the opposite information e.g. 'buy my book and bceome a millionaire in a few weeks'. Secondly, Jim prints his books on his own although he could publish it with some large company getting much more advertisement and following, which results in much lower income from these books. Morevoer, once you buy his books you are granted free access to the private forum where he posts everyday (or rather used to post until the previous week...) . Again, a standard business model is to charge a monthly fee for forum access, newsletters etc,, which provides much less information than Jim used to provide. Last but not least, for people who wanted some more he offered one to one mentoring, which again, in terms of education business, is completely inefficient especially when compared with recording DVD or on-line video content and selling it multiple times with single effort.

Why am I writing all this? Some will say that I am advertising Jim here, but the truth is that he shared a huge amount of his knowledge with me and others in the forum, for a very low price (price of his books namely) and he has a lot to teach others. That is why I hate to see people saying that he is a kind of vendor without consistent trading successes. The result is that he decided to quit posting here.... I hope all the haters (it's not about you Mike) are satisfied and happy now.