ES Friday 5-13-16

Friday the 13th ..beware..52 - 53.50 is magnet price for me in early pre market trade.....making video ramble for those interested and will edit this post to include that and some screen shots for those who don't want to listen to me babble

here is video..will edit with some typed in zones
No video below? Try this link: Freaky_friday.swf

Dr, Brett used to say 85 % of the time we don't have inside days....so those who are holding longer will try for YD's lows...I'm filled and flat...in magnet zone and midpoint officially filled...that wasn't easy but it was worth it......hope most don't stay and trade...the longer you watch the more you will give back...just my opinion....

my thinking is that we need to come in to work, do our job in the shortest amount of time and be exposed as LITTLE as possible
I agree..was typing during your post but same thoughts
Originally posted by NewKid

flat... that was tortuous but paid off!!
I know that I dont post my fills because I am stupidly superstitious but I took the same trade twice. Before and after RTH open. My thinking was the same as Bruce (and looks like several other people). Here are my actual fills below. Times are in Mountain Standard Time so you will have to add 2 hours for EST.

Click image for original size
capture
I 100% agree on this. All the "tuition" that I have paid in the past came because of over trading. I believe my peak was at 50-odd trades in a day. In retrospect, that is just insane. Dalton too says to focus on the mental capital spent per trade and to be very selective. This is not a traditional job where we need to feel that we put our 8 hours in everyday. We can still put those 8 hours in but do it in research if needed and NOT in active trading. I am happy making my couple of bucks everyday and not inflating my ego.

As Bruce has said in the past, take up another activity to fill up your time. I have gone and found my "other stuff" which means I am not obsessing over the markets all day. I just need to be right a couple of times everyday, not all day long. And that takes a lot of pressure off of a trader.

Originally posted by BruceM

Dr, Brett used to say 85 % of the time we don't have inside days....so those who are holding longer will try for YD's lows...I'm filled and flat...in magnet zone and midpoint officially filled...that wasn't easy but it was worth it......hope most don't stay and trade...the longer you watch the more you will give back...just my opinion....

my thinking is that we need to come in to work, do our job in the shortest amount of time and be exposed as LITTLE as possible
there really aren't many probabilities left and we only need one good one to work for us but lets quickly rifle off a few

Overnight high or low broken ? Yes O/N high was run out

Did a floor trader number hit ? Yes we hit the Pivot

Did we tag the O/N midpoint ? Yes

Did we tag the 30 minute VPOC ? Yes

SITYS number hit ? no..those come in at either 52.25 or 68.25

did we break the previous days range ? No - not yet

so 4 out of 6 came in already ...do you REALLY want to stay and watch this thing possibly all day to get the last two ? And what happens if it is the rare case that they don't print ?

what a waste of time and energy ....Don't do it.....go concentrate on another job or home projects ( FOR ME i'M GOING TO CUT THE GRASS BEFORE THE RAIN COMES), charity work OR something social...some exercise ! Anything...maybe research.........lots to be done there...we could all spend our lifetime with market research

Ok , my speech is over...I implore anyone reading this ramble or who ever watches these threads to LEARN about TIME...meaning that you need to pick a time to trade that really works for YOU, trade in that time of day and then for the most part walk away. For those who think my ego is exploding I am in the process of deflating my head as I type ...LOL !!
Ha! Same thought!

Originally posted by BruceM

there really aren't many probabilities left and we only need one good one to work for us but lets quickly rifle off a few

Overnight high or low broken ? Yes O/N high was run out

Did a floor trader number hit ? Yes we hit the Pivot

Did we tag the O/N midpoint ? Yes

Did we tag the 30 minute VPOC ? Yes

SITYS number hit ? no..those come in at either 52.25 or 68.25

did we break the previous days range ? No - not yet

so 4 out of 6 came in already ...do you REALLY want to stay and watch this thing possibly all day to get the last two ? And what happens if it is the rare case that they don't print ?

what a waste of time and energy ....Don't do it.....go concentrate on another job or home projects ( FOR ME i'M GOING TO CUT THE GRASS BEFORE THE RAIN COMES), charity work OR something social...some exercise ! Anything...maybe research.........lots to be done there...we could all spend our lifetime with market research

Ok , my speech is over...I implore anyone reading this ramble or who ever watches these threads to LEARN about TIME...meaning that you need to pick a time to trade that really works for YOU, trade in that time of day and then for the most part walk away. For those who think my ego is exploding I am in the process of deflating my head as I type ...LOL !!
you credit is good here........you post what you feel comfortable posting...don't worry about it.....these threads have always been about repeatable patterns and finding things that work...no two traders will probably trade it exactly the same way even if we do look at the same areas......I think the problem with forums is when people show up out of nowhere and start posting that they WERE long or short after the fact and don't contribute anything else....that stuff is meaningless......

You have a solid reputation here Newkid and I don't think you should feel the need to post fills but if it makes YOU feel better than do it ...it's all good ...and nice trading !!!
Originally posted by NewKid

I know that I dont post my fills because I am stupidly superstitious but I took the same trade twice. Before and after RTH open. My thinking was the same as Bruce (and looks like several other people). Here are my actual fills below. Times are in Mountain Standard Time so you will have to add 2 hours for EST.

capture

SITYS # hit...that's 5 outta 6.......gonna run and go miss the rain...hope all have a great weekend and if you are trying for a daily low or high from Thursday then I hope it keeps going your way
just can't get rid of me today...I'll leave you with this...its a one minute time profile...red area is value area based on one minute but this also shows the high and low time prices...this chart is showing thursdays time profile on the left and you can see how todays lines have reacted to some of the areas it generates....it helps me see price action areas a bit better some days

If I was a vendor I'd be telling you to look and see how great it was that the high time of yesterday, the green line, nailed the current high for today...and I would tell ya how great it was that the VA low had some nice pops up off it...the 54 area...but you can see how this helps define magnet zones etc..ok nuff said..

purdy

couldn't get the damn cross hairs off the chart...so ignore that 61.25 label and the cross hairs