ES Monday 5-16-16

My key lines today....selling above the magnet zone of 43 - 44...ideally in the 47 - 49...will expand this in a bit and some video ramble for those interested but for now my key chart...key concept will be that the weakness on Friday is expected to spill over early on Monday so selling in upper zones is ideal especially if it happens BEFORE we trade below the close of Friday in the day session..today's pivot is at 48.5 and perhaps Newkid if here can post the single prints which will go well with my zones
Click image for original size
bar

2051 and 2034 are SITYS lines for today
2062 and 2024 are weekly SITYS numbers

video to expand upon a few things...don't forget to watch for multiple tpo's at weekly VA highs and lows and also weekly ranges
No video below? Try this link: monday.swf

They do go well with your zones. Single prints from 47.75 to 49 and another isolated print (very unusual) at 51.25

Click image for original size
capture
people might have gotten too short on Friday and the O/N volume profile is P shaped signalling a short covering rally. Will that short squeeze extend into today's RTH?

Friday's VPOC was at 58 all the way until just before 4 EST when it shifted to 42.5
yes but Time POC never shifted.....not uncommon to see VPOC shift as 4 pm cash market closes up ..gonna be interesting...I'll be trying for 42.25 as a target on shorts
Originally posted by NewKid

people might have gotten too short on Friday and the O/N volume profile is P shaped signalling a short covering rally. Will that short squeeze extend into today's RTH?

Friday's VPOC was at 58 all the way until just before 4 EST when it shifted to 42.5
selling 48.75 as first RTh trade...already took a loser from an O/N short..now using 46 as a target...concern about possible push to SIYS at 51.50...so starting small and plan is to add at higher prices
FWIW ..Took my overnight loss on short when we came out of the top of the first one minute high...so far weakness from Friday has NOT shown up......but hope it does and soon...seems more likely to push to that 51 so haven't added to short......we only took overnight high by one tic....hmmm.... ..
ok core going on at 51.25.....I know if way off on this then that 53 - 54 is in the plan for them...50.25 is average in and will not add from here..see if I can get back to 48.25 to clean up some of this .....terrible way to start the week
the shorts want to see the market come back below 49 quickly. the more the market accepts prices in the upper distribution, the more likely we are to visit 58.

49 was where the upper distribution from Friday started, above the single prints
hoping we will go from one key zone to the other..in this case the 51 to the 48.50 ( top of other zone)
yeah, this goes well with the Overnight high too and the only way we have a chance at getting that midpoint is if we can get back under that O/N high and start consolidating UNDER there again ..otherwise us longs will not catch any long term money on this trade and will get clipped
Originally posted by NewKid

the shorts want to see the market come back below 49 quickly. the more the market accepts prices in the upper distribution, the more likely we are to visit 58.

49 was where the upper distribution from Friday started, above the single prints
30 min VPOC at 50.75 and the battle continues at the 49 level. market trying to decide whether it likes the upper distribution from Friday or not
one last thing...if you watch the video you would have known that the one SD band up today was 2060 for confluence....the earlier those bands can hit then the more usable they are....since we trend usually later in the day I find the bands not as accurate when I go back and look at the days action ...I'm not trading later in the day but I always go back and look at where we close in relation to the bands....

so today we have 84 % chance of closing under 2060 ! good luck and don't trade any of these ideas blindly