ES 7-21-16

I'm just reporting the numbers and sure wish I could create wider ranges but I can't. I have a high time / low time combo at 64.50 - 65.50 and high time at 67.50.....I don't think we could get prices too much tighter....LOL....I think it will play like this today

1) Holding the 64.50 - 65.50 will target that 67.50 and up to the high of yesterday and overnight high

2) Failure at the 64.50 - 65.50 will push down to the volume that came in yesterday at 60.75...

here is yesterdays day session compliments of my think or swim platform....we have a nice bell curve with that 67.50 as the center and yesterdays highs as the upper edge and the 64.50 - 65.50 as lower edge ...u can also see why I mentioned the 60.75
Click image for original size
wednesday
Bruce, How did you get ThinkorSwim to graph that? What function is it in TOS?
that is their version of volume profile which I think is really more of a time profile.......but if you look closely at the top of my chart you can see the settings in red letters...let me know if you have trouble getting that set up and I can help further
Originally posted by Simonig

Bruce, How did you get ThinkorSwim to graph that? What function is it in TOS?

the plan for me is to try and trade for the center and the gap fill.....getting and HOLDING under that 64 will be the first clue that I am on the wrong side of this trade idea...so I'm basically going to look for longs at the 64.50 and 65.50 and try to just get two points higher ....conservative traders can use the OR but keep in mind we will probably open in range and in Value so we may get whipped with that and there might not be much room
came all out at 67.25 and not holding for overnight high...this could just as easily tip back to the 65 volume and I want no part of this day....good luck if u stay and play for the probabilities this morning
Good job Bruce. One more question--> How did you get the price to plot on the profile?
not sure what you mean...I just "added study " and choose Volume profile......see my settings in red.....but perhaps I did something different.

Good job Bruce. One more question--> How did you get the price to plot on the profile?

On my TOS the price plots at the left and the Volume Profile to the right of the price. I like your Profile on top of price better because it saves screen space.
set " On expansion" to "No" and that should do it...let me know

On my TOS the price plots at the left and the Volume Profile to the right of the price. I like your Profile on top of price better because it saves screen space.
YES!!!!! It worked!! Thank You!!!