ES 08-22-16

2.5 or range..big one already hit the -4 at 74.25
bruce and mike what type of order do you use on OR trade? or anybody else trading it..
if you are more conservative/cautious it would be a limit order , Bruce most likely uses market orders(from previous info I'm sure he said he does this) but you would need to be prepared to have a tad slippage... is that what you are reffering to Duck?? I hope I'm not speaking out of line here guys.........
yes i am brent.thanks
now using mike 15 min bar when the 1 min is bigger than the 2..the method has hit the plus 4
Originally posted by duck

now using mike 15 min bar when the 1 min is bigger than the 2..the method has hit the plus 4

That is what "we" waited for.

As for orders, I always get stopped in.

Example for today, 1st order placed was stop buy above OR as t was falling first.

The sell stop would then have been placed below oR except range was too big.

Cancel buy stop and wait for 15M to pass then set buy stop and wait. No sell stop due to -4 hit and O/N runout. Luckily it rebounded and took 2 points from. 78.75-80.75

Done.
Using that method in Jan2016 worked for 20 points in the month, per contract.

The limiting of the OR to 2 or < seems to have a volatility adjusting mechanism. Jan 2016 was generally over 20 the whole month so, 15M was used throughout the month.

Good luck to all.
Originally posted by duck