ES 08-23-16

i would like to take a short now targeting the over night half point..but but i will wait for the OR as good discipline trader..
range at 89.50-87.75..long at 89.75
stopout at 88.25
no plus or minus 4 yet...interesting day..no over night midpoint test yet...only the over night high ran out..bruce must be wipe out party with those 10 year old..lol ..mike or (we) how you handle today so far today?
I wonder if a time-stop might be appropriate for these OR trades. Maybe a one hour time limit to reach the plus or minus 4.

I have just been paper trading them. But there have been a couple of days when I really got whipsawed.
that small sample of research i post few days back..had only two days where it hit the -+4 number after the 1st 60 min and they where hit in the next 30 min..this is new not hitting it so late after the open. coming up on 3 hours now..really dont know what to say about putting a time limit on it...the method says to be short now at 87.50...me i didnt do the trade..so you know its going to hit the -4 now..lol..thanks for the post
You had 3 chances to get out at 91.50 a tick short of +4 above O/N session? Why didn't you take what the market was giving you? I also don't understand the stop placement.
Originally posted by duck

no plus or minus 4 yet...interesting day..no over night midpoint test yet...only the over night high ran out..bruce must be wipe out party with those 10 year old..lol ..mike or (we) how you handle today so far today?

stop placement i was using was the 1.5 point stop bruce talk about..my mistake in hindsight was not re-entering..
I believe Bruce meant to use that when OR is too big, to keep risk reward in line. Today's OR was not such a case.
Originally posted by duck

stop placement i was using was the 1.5 point stop bruce talk about..my mistake in hindsight was not re-entering..