ES 9-30-16

there is gap at 42.25 on the down side and on the up side at 66.50..both are over night gap..these are the lines i got my chart..
Click image for original size
screenshot093016080056am
targeting 54 to try and go green on the day...overnight contracts are always small...just in case something like this happens
came out heavy at 54 test...next target will try for 51.75....ahead of pivot and swing high at 51.50.......tricky day so far but I feel better now.....question is....will it be the pivot or the R1 level...overnight high is already done...we are at half back now...so this will be critical push up....needs to roll back down from half back...and damn a gap in data at 55.25 just formed
gap filled.....must have formed as I was typing.....too difficult to trade and type
Bruce, you can answer this later when you have time, but arent there gaps in data all the time? when i look at a 1-min chart, i see the open of a bar often different than the close of a previous bar. are you looking at something else? maybe i am misinterpreting the gap in data?
beautiful...last contract will try for 47.75
nk i try to answer..or its the gaps that left unfilled..it where the pink line is which is at 45 at 644am
Click image for original size
screenshot093016095629am
its after 1 st 30min..i watching for big lot trade
thanks duck. so if i understand it right, an unfilled gap or gap in data is when a 1-min bar is completely outside of a previous bar's range? sorry for being so dense.
dont make me laugh dense you are not..my understanding of it is it can be within the range of the bar but it dont come back to the close.
300 lot buy at 56
see, I told ya....ha....just couldn't resist....look at that late day retest of 58.75.....I wasn't here...I made NOTHING ...LOL!
Originally posted by BruceM

yeah, that's a good example........gaps in data from the overnight are my least favorite reference points......FYI - on second almost touch of the pivot I brought stop on last runner to 56.50 and got stopped out.....always hard to hold the last...I really thought we would see the 47 but they went for the time node at 61.50 instead...

as another example......look how they went through the 61.25 almost as if it wasn't there, hit the R1 and then came back to the 61.25....very common to see those types of things when references don't stop price immediately...I mentioned this yesterday or last night or somewhere recently ...LOL....and have written about it for years but today was a good example......just pointing it out......R1 and pivot is inspiring traders....tells us that big money doesn't seem to be in here again.........have a great weekend all

this day is building as a double distribution day with the low time node at 58.75 dividing the two distributions....It wouldn't surprise me to see price return back down to that number ...62.50 and 55.25 are the two peak time prices I see...good luck