discount brokers

i have a question for all you traders out there. who do you use as your broker, what do you pay and are you happy with them? if so, why?

i'll get the ball rolling. i use emini direct (www.eminidirect.com) and pay 3.42/side for the nqoos that i trade. happy with them and the j-trader platform.
What do you mean "there are many trading software that can be incorporated with it" ? You mean like add on packages written by 3rd parties?
quote:
Originally posted by George Soros

What do you mean "there are many trading software that can be incorporated with it" ? You mean like add on packages written by 3rd parties?

Well, what i mean is QT is a stand along software and incorporates a number of Brokers and Quote sources. check there web site.
[url]http://www.medved.net/QuoteTracker/qsources.shtml[/url]
Thanks inventor - I see what you mean - lots of different data feeds that you can plug into it. That's good. You said that you are trading the eminis for 3 years - have you also been using Quote Tracker for 3 years?
Well I have QT for 3 years but I used instaQuote the first two to trade because my Broker "Wang" only had instaQuote and will not incorporate with QT and RCG was stand along software, plus the fact I was little intimidated by QT because It was hard to find all the settings and bean newbie I dint know what I was looking at any way. Now i will not trade QT for any other software. BTW I use QT for trading Equities, eMinis and charting.
What indicators are you using for eMinis?
I use market profile - does QT have market profile built into it?
I guess what I meant is chart indicators.
I don't use any oscillators or momentum indicators like you do - not that there's anything wrong with that - but I use support and resistance levels to trade off - both dynamic and static. So an example of a static support level would be the value areas or point of control from the previous day and a dynamic one would be the developing point of control or value areas for the current day. Then there are the initial balances and multiples thereof and also single prints and other market profile defined areas. I sometimes chart things like MACD or stochastics or a moving average but more out of curiosity than anything else. I used to be a fan of Bollinger Bands but I found that for some reason my discipline was no good when I was trading with them. I worked out a system with Bollinger Bands but just couldn't stick to it and I could never work out why I could not stay with the plan so I abandoned it in the end.
quote:
Originally posted by George Soros

I don't use any oscillators or momentum indicators like you do - not that there's anything wrong with that - but I use support and resistance levels to trade off - both dynamic and static. So an example of a static support level would be the value areas or point of control from the previous day and a dynamic one would be the developing point of control or value areas for the current day. Then there are the initial balances and multiples thereof and also single prints and other market profile defined areas. I sometimes chart things like MACD or stochastics or a moving average but more out of curiosity than anything else. I used to be a fan of Bollinger Bands but I found that for some reason my discipline was no good when I was trading with them. I worked out a system with Bollinger Bands but just couldn't stick to it and I could never work out why I could not stay with the plan so I abandoned it in the end.

Thanks for sharing your trading strategy I have to research this because is Little over my head or knowledge.