ES Thursday 9-7-17

Crude oil Inventories is at 11 a.m today so be careful of back and fill and slow trade prior to that...also an inside day yesterday...Video 1 goes over key areas...Video 2...which I will add goes over standard deviations for today and the upcoming week
No video below? Try this link: vid1.swf

I'm not sure I conveyed this correctly but hopefully somebody will follow my logic in using a daily SD band probability in an attempt to capture a weekly 86% probability ....much potential with options trades too
No video below? Try this link: sd_and_weekly.swf

yeah...i'm waiting on report now
Same here.

NQ already took off.
Will ES follow?
Great Analysis today Bruce. Interesting concept on Standard Deviation between the daily numbers and the weekly numbers in the CASH.
I wonder why we cant use Standard deviation in the futures off of VWAP. I have charts that plot that but hard to say emphatically that 1 or 2 std Dev. is a viable trading strategy. With options you have more flexibility I guess. Enough of my babbling.

sharks
i'm trying to find a short to go back and test 64 as no new volume is here
i think this is all risky trade as we have that weak high and poor lows....so it's a gamble in here
using 64.50 as a target now....bad fill on entry......I took a small loss on 64 short pre report....forgot to post that but want to keep it real ! luckily it was small as I was concerned being in front of report
best for me is 62.50 and will try for that poor low on one contract only...that high at 67.25 sucks too....
please babble on .....many do use or try to use SD's off vwap....read jperl at traders lab if u are interested..big mikes had some traders using vwap in an Es thread but they disappeared....not sure what happened.....I have looked at that many times and can't get it to work for myself but that would also be true for me and fibs and many other things that people seem to use that I am a failure with
Originally posted by sharks57

Great Analysis today Bruce. Interesting concept on Standard Deviation between the daily numbers and the weekly numbers in the CASH.
I wonder why we cant use Standard deviation in the futures off of VWAP. I have charts that plot that but hard to say emphatically that 1 or 2 std Dev. is a viable trading strategy. With options you have more flexibility I guess. Enough of my babbling.

sharks
and thanks for the good words...interesting that current poc is at 64 area...it's as if price is magnetized to it so far
putting stop on final at 65.25......nothing else going on today..gap still at 60.50
In my opinion this double inside day could result in a gap open higher tomorrow.
Especially with unemployment numbers coming out pre-market open.
And then little movement for the rest of the trading day, a so called 'professional gap'.
ShadowTrader on Tasty Trade explains the professional gap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYN780Oa4I

So today's longs could be targeting that 2471.25 - 2473.00 gap and then 2479.75 (day high 9/1).

Just a thought...