ES Monday 10-8-17 very rare event

wow...no plus or minus 4 and look at the profile.......we have matching highs and lows from Friday's session...my IB data has matching highs with "B, C and N" period but this isn't correct...Just "C and N" had matching highs......inside day with poor lows and highs.........will add to this on Monday morning...Columbus day so careful if you trade !
Click image for original size
daysession
Long @ 2550 looking for 2558 before 2543
Mike ..why are you trading on a holiday even though the cash market is open ? Why are you buying into a key number the 2550? The real question is what is the compelling reason for this trade and what is the setup criteria that made you take it? Thanks
I take trades on CL, GC or ES when there is a day close outside last months range, followed by a pullback (LH or HL) and continuation in the direction of the breakout. CL and GC are valid setups twice per month (each following their own pullback) ES is good for 3 times per month. 10 points, 10 points and the 8 points as the month gets a little long in the tooth. Because of the holiday I shortened the target to 8 points but put a stop in. Normally I trade this w/o a stop.

The GC trade on 10/5 gives an illustration.

Took a shot today.

Good luck to all
Originally posted by Big Mike

I take trades on CL, GC or ES when there is a day close outside last months range, followed by a pullback (LH or HL) and continuation in the direction of the breakout. CL and GC are valid setups twice per month (each following their own pullback) ES is good for 3 times per month. 10 points, 10 points and the 8 points as the month gets a little long in the tooth. Because of the holiday I shortened the target to 8 points but put a stop in. Normally I trade this w/o a stop.

The GC trade on 10/5 gives an illustration.

Took a shot today.

Good luck to all

Second GC trade of the month just came in, with no heat.
Hi BIg Mike I,m trying to get my head around your idea (I,m sure its pretty simple for most) from what you're saying I'm looking @ Gc dec contract for the closing of 5th Oct outside of the sept range,,, and then pull back to where exactly? what am I missing?can you please give me a bit more detail thanks...am i looking on a daily chart,, 60 mins?
take the trade on the following day ie:- 6th?? ....
regards Brent.T
24 hour Day chart
No trade on Monday

gc
ES version kicked in after yesterday's close. LL and LH after a close above last month's high. Set up @ 2165.75 and went to Blackhawks game game. Came home with a cold and 10 point target hit and FILLED. Just looked this morning. Filled at the high tick, perhaps because the order was in the queue that long?
Originally posted by Big Mike

24 hour Day chart
No trade on Monday

gc