ES 10-10-17

I'm using 2447 - 2450 as key upper zone that longs will want to try to get over and STAY over......still prefer the short side ...86 % number is 7 points up or down of cash close...video goes over the rest...OR trades are good in this volatility as it gives practice for smaller accounts and losses are smaller.....so now is the time to use these if you are just starting out with them. FOMC minutes tomorrow
No video below? Try this link: Tuesday.swf

hey Bruce, I didn't take the trade this morning but if I did, long at the OR high 49 to 53 ( +4) would've been a nice trade! thanks again for all the analysis
I have taken all the OR trades so far on both the ES and NQ. Both have turned out very well. Thank you!
glad they are working out.......
radyk, for how long have you taken OR trades? Can you provide some stats please, if you have them? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by radyk

I have taken all the OR trades so far on both the ES and NQ. Both have turned out very well. Thank you!
2 days. After Bruce provided the video I thought I would give it a shot. I was going to do some back testing and probably still will but the risk seemed rather low based on the setup. The only negative I see is a whipsaw off the open. I messed up on orders once but corrected it pretty quick. I will never trade both at the same time again.
I'd be interested to see what the OR trade would do on Cl and GC then ES. 7:20, 8:00 and then 8:30 AM.

Might be worth some research.
oh yeah Mike that would be cool...........define the OR as some other time period besides the standard 9:30 open......like the 8:30 bar or maybe even the 8:29 bar so we could possibly benefit from the 8:30 reports.....great idea
Originally posted by Big Mike

I'd be interested to see what the OR trade would do on Cl and GC then ES. 7:20, 8:00 and then 8:30 AM.

OR 1M for CL seems to be good so far. Tested about 90 random days and it looks like a few rules/ideas present themselves.
OR range =/>.09
Target half range, .05 minimum.
82% winners
$48 per contract positive expectancy.

Will try to add that 8:00 AM trade to ES 8:30 trade.

Originally posted by BruceM

oh yeah Mike that would be cool...........define the OR as some other time period besides the standard 9:30 open......like the 8:30 bar or maybe even the 8:29 bar so we could possibly benefit from the 8:30 reports.....great idea
Originally posted by Big Mike