DailyNotes - new format proposed

Hi All,

The Daily Notes pages are very popular and are used by many traders each day. The current collection of Daily Notes pages are:
Daily Notes
Daily Pivot Points
Weekly Pivot Points
High/Low Stats and Figures
Fibonacci Retracements and Extensions
Balance Points, Trend %, Net Up/Down Days, Daily Range Charts

The current thinking in the change of format is as follows:

All the figures for each symbol will be presented on one page. This single page will have everything that pertains to that symbol.
For example, the ES page will have the Daily & Weekly pivot numbers calculated using all methods as well as the Fibonacci retracements and extensions, the Crabel numbers, and the high/low stats etc.

What you will be losing is seeing the numbers side by side in a column format. In other words you won't be able to see the ES next to the YM and make an immediate visual comparison. You would need to open 2 browser windows and open the ES page next to the YM page in order to make this comparison.

We believe that by changing to this new format we can provide you will a far superior service.

However, before doing so we wanted to hear about any objections to this and your reason behind the objection so that we can make sure that the pages do not lose their usefulness to you.

Please post a response to this topic if you have any comments.

Thanks.
As I trade only one instrument at a time, the proposed changes seem beneficial to me.

Keep up the great work!
DT -

any updates on the proposed format changes?

hope you were able to enjoy the long weekend
I created a few mock up new pages but then I went and started the design process again. I want to make this as accessible to the whole trading community as possible. We have lots of algorithms and techniques and formulae and we are just using a subset of them on a few instruments but I want the commodities, forex and European and other traders to be able to take advantage of these tools as much as the Emini traders do so I'm working on something that will hopefully include everyone and exclude no one.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

I created a few mock up new pages but then I went and started the design process again. I want to make this as accessible to the whole trading community as possible. We have lots of algorithms and techniques and formulae and we are just using a subset of them on a few instruments but I want the commodities, forex and European and other traders to be able to take advantage of these tools as much as the Emini traders do so I'm working on something that will hopefully include everyone and exclude no one.

soooooooooooo you're stonewalling, huh? gotcha

just kiddin, i know you put a lot of time, effort, and work into your projects and i think it shows - be it the forums or the Daily Notes or anything else you share with us. looking forward to seeing what you cook up in your lab

btw, 'exclude no one'? wow. THAT is an undertaking. so you looking at running daily data on the whole gamut? there are quite a few markets out there (not like you don't know that
):

http://www.openecry.com/traderstoolbox/contract.cfm

i know there are more markets, but that is still a lot for my head.

keep us posted!
Yes, there are a lot of markets. However, I'm hoping that if I construct this intelligently then I can make this work for all markets. I'll keep you posted and show you when I have something.
dont keep us waiting 2 long