Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLK)
Definition of 'Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLK)'
The Index includes companies from the following industries:
- Computers & peripherals
- Diversified telecommunication services
- Communications equipment
- Semiconductor & semiconductor equipment
- Internet software & services
- IT services
- Electronic equipment, instruments & components
- Wireless telecommunication services
- Office electronics
- Each of the component securities in the Index is a constituent company of the S&P 500 Index.
- Each stock in the S&P 500 Index is allocated to one and only one of the Select Sector Indexes.
- The Index is calculated by the New York Stock Exchange’s Index Services Group using a modified “market capitalization” methodology.
Do you have a trading or investing definition for our dictionary? Click the Create Definition link to add your own definition. You will earn 150 bonus reputation points for each definition that is accepted.
Is this definition wrong? Let us know by posting to the forum and we will correct it.