MyPivots Online Voice Chat

Please note that the Murmur/Mumble voice server was switched off on 4 July 2009. It is no longer running.

The MyPivots Online Voice Chat service uses the Mumble client application.

You can read about Mumble here and you can download it here.

When connecting to the mypivots.com server, use the Mumble application (not the Murmur application).

These are the connection settings you need to use:

After you've started Mumble, click on the menu: Server > Connect.
Click on the Custom Servers tab.
Enter a new Custom Server:
Label: MyPivots
Address: www.mypivots.com
Port: 64738
Username: Mumble username (this is the username you registered with - usually the same as your forum name unless you changed it)
Password: your mypivots.com password

Save this custom server and then click connect.

Note: You must register your Mumble username into the mypivots.com Mumble database here, then you need to use the Username and Password you used in that registration process.
Just as a heads up for folks, Mumble only works with Windows XP or Vista. It will not work with any earlier version of Windows.
Once you've logged on to the server here are some settings that I've found useful so far:

• Menu: Audio -> Text-To-Speech (disable) (otherwise everything that's typed in the window is repeated back to you.

• Menu: Configure -> Settings:
    • Audio Input: You may want to change the Transmit option to Push To Talk - that way your mike isn't on the whole time but only when you hold down the designated key.

• Shortcuts: You might want to assign a Push-to-Talk key to hold down when you talk.

• Messages (you need to click the Expert Config checkbox at the bottom of the list to see this option): You may want to uncheck all the check boxes under the Console column except the Text Message box.

• Once you've logged on to the chat you'll need to join a channel. Double click the ES E-mini SP500 channel and you'll be inthe room.

Thanks DT for your help...had no problems setting up. People will need to follow DT's instructions for the PUSH TALK, otherwise there will be an echo. It is important that everybody do this.

Hopefully this will be the last move we have to make ,gang! it really is superior to ventrillo(plenty of capacity and free!)...
so we'll using mumble for voice and e-chat for typing starting from now on...
So we are going onto this on Tuesday?
Oh! I like this! Open sourced ware.
I am a little irritated about the frequency of chatroom rotations.

What is the advantage of this software vs. echat? Can we post charts easier and most important save the session transcripts with charts in an archive for later review?

Hawk
quote:
Originally posted by Hawk

I am a little irritated about the frequency of chatroom rotations.

What is the advantage of this software vs. echat? Can we post charts easier and most important save the session transcripts with charts in an archive for later review?

Hawk

This is not replacing E-Chat its replacing Ventrilo. We are trying to provide a voice service that is free to everyone.

We are looking into saving the session transcripts.

As it stands today we are using:

Mumble-for voice, a very clear voice chat.

E-Chat-as a chat room.

MyPivots-for chart posting and everything else.
For newbies like me I am a bit scared of installing and uninstalling chat rooms etc etc. Where exactly are we going with this i.e if you want to type a chat then go to e-chat, if we want to hear and speak we go to Mumble and if we want to post charts we go to My pivots?????
quote:
Originally posted by ak1

For newbies like me I am a bit scared of installing and uninstalling chat rooms etc etc. Where exactly are we going with this i.e if you want to type a chat then go to e-chat, if we want to hear and speak we go to Mumble and if we want to post charts we go to My pivots?????

Yes ak1
DeepTrader: Have you registered both your usernames with the Mumble part of the system? It may be that you logged in to the mumble as DeepTrade and registered with that and then you're trying to access the chat with DeepTrader. Try registering both of the them.