Friday 1-25-2008

Gann takes all the fun out of trading - it's so predictable

[file]ES_gann.jpg,126,,0[/file]
Gio, would you mind explaining what you mean by "Gann takes all the fun out of trading - it's so predictable" ?

I suppose you are not referring to the pitch fork on the chart.
Martin

i dont want to make this complicated and i certainly dont want to bore you with physics

nonetheless, allow me to say that the universe is comprised of simple mathematics, suffice to say, so is the stock market

the market traverses through a simple 'highway 45' (45 degree angle) and the chemical makeup is the number 9

heck, even in accounting the transposition number is 9

add the numbers 4 and 5 and what do you get? ah ha, you get 9, and the aforementioned angle was 45 - add the numbers 1 through 9 and what do you get? ah ha, you get 45. its endles what you get when you play with 9

my chart is of the es 15min, and guess how many minutes there are in the rth es? ah ha, 405mins. now, divide that 405 by 15 and what do you get? ah ha, 27. now, how many times will 9 go into 27?

catch my driff?

more to follow

gio

quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

Martin

i dont want to make this complicated and i certainly dont want to bore you with physics

nonetheless, allow me to say that the universe is comprised of simple mathematics, suffice to say, so is the stock market

the market traverses through a simple 'highway 45' (45 degree angle) and the chemical makeup is the number 9

heck, even in accounting the transposition number is 9

add the numbers 4 and 5 and what do you get? ah ha, you get 9, and the aforementioned angle was 45 - add the numbers 1 through 9 and what do you get? ah ha, you get 45. its endles what you get when you play with 9

my chart is of the es 15min, and guess how many minutes there are in the rth es? ah ha, 405mins. now, divide that 405 by 15 and what do you get? ah ha, 27. now, how many times will 9 go into 27?

catch my driff?

more to follow

gio

3*9.....=27 !!

Ok, so what did this have to do with the claim that Gann made trading easy ? Price went to the 13330 mark...lot's of threes ??
I have been reading about Gann...some things are uncanny, e.g. the square of nine, being able to convert between price, time and the degrees of planets...but I have yet to see someone making actually money based on his findings.
Very impressive Gio. I can see you are extremely accomplished in math..which I am not..and you have applied you mathematical knowledge to trading... wow.

Excellent...yes 45% angle is elementary...but a skill nonetheless...an older trader acquaintance of mine was explaining this to me in Nov 07...he has it down good..I don't use it.. those number sequences I get confused....maybe my age..but all he does is use a ruler and basically a geometry box...to get his price targets and he has another method for time....when the target will hit. He's doing alright...better than me..way better.

I still have to learn this...You remind me of the trader Simon...he was a Math professor I belive till he turned to wall street and told the kahunas there how to make money.

I'm sure he was audited before he became a trader...being a lowly Math professor and not a guru on Wall Street...can't be.....then again he probably was not as he is extremely successful... a few bill in income last year....

Seems you have your style and it works good...now when can I come an audit you..to see if you really telling the truth..or is some one posting this from MIT......lol

All the best..you seem to know where its at.

Hi Pips

Let me make this as simple as possible by outlining the steps I usually go through. I will post 3 charts of the NQ 3min from yest

step1 - Identify a tradable pattern - in this case it was a bear flag (or whatever anyone wants to call it, I dont get hung up on pattern names)

[file]NQ_pic1.jpg,126,,0[/file]

step2 - Identify sq9 price

[file]NQ_pic2.jpg,126,,0[/file]

step3 - Identify sq9 time

[file]NQ_pic3.jpg,126,,0[/file]

conclusion; As long a price is traveling down/up highway 45 I'm in the trade

Oh and MartinU, you now have the distinct pleasure of meeting someone who actually makes money using Gann

Nice that you have a good handle of gio...good for you

nice charts.
Gio, as a trader unfimiliar with Gann theory, could you recommend any good resources on the subject? I'm using TradeStation and it appears it has a Gann fan functionality but I've never used it. Thanks and great trading.