Timing Measured Moves

We can with precision measure the distance of moves but rate of speed, isn't a constant obviously so the best we can do without quantitative analysis is gauge how long it took a move to complete and use it as a basis to approximate.

In case it's been awhile, first the math.

Adding and subtracting time: add and subtract hours, minutes and seconds separately. When adding if a number is more than 60 add 1 to the preceding designation and leave the difference where it lay. When subtracting a number greater than itself, add 60 to the negative value, then subtract 1 from the preceding designation.

Globex is traded 23:45 a day Monday through Thursday and Thursday for Friday and Sunday for Monday 22:15.

First find the difference of when the move began and ended, note the exact days traded and account for its alloted time, forecast the number of hours from the beginning of the move wanting to time, and subtract from that time the time differential between the previous measured move. Easy right?

Believe it or not I can usually time it within a half of an hour to 35 minutes. If you already know what you're looking for, it's no problem; show up early, read price action, bam!, trade.

You'll use up some paper calculating though.

Try it out.
Hi SPQR - the fastest way I could learn this was if you could walk me through an example of measuring a preceding move, and then showing how the actual proceeding move worked out versus the predicted one. Whenever you have some free time. Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by anouska

Hi SPQR - the fastest way I could learn this was if you could walk me through an example of measuring a preceding move, and then showing how the actual proceeding move worked out versus the predicted one. Whenever you have some free time. Thank you.

It'ld be my pleasure. It'll take some time though please keep in mind. There's a lot of jotting, adding, subtracting, hearing brain cells fire accounting for trading hours, weekends, holidays.. It's not easy work, but I'll show an example of measuring an intraday move, timing it and showing the difference in the timing with verifiable numbers; and, I'll get around to forecasting the peak of this bull before it ends. lol. We have all of the information we need.

Indidentally this way of measuring I learned from reading 'The Collected Works of Ralph Elliot'. He also had a very scarce framework he hinted at in timing triangle breakouts and waves in general and I sort of filled in what I could. As I understand it Joe Charter who posts here could probably add a few things I'm missing per cycle forecasting should he want to. I hope he does. This could prove to be a learning experience for us all.

I'll make a post this weekend especially for you though, Anna.
quote:
Originally posted by SPQR

quote:
Originally posted by anouska

It'ld be my pleasure. It'll take some time though please keep in mind. There's a lot of jotting, adding, subtracting, hearing brain cells fire accounting for trading hours, weekends, holidays.. It's not easy work, but I'll show an example of measuring an intraday move, timing it and showing the difference in the timing with verifiable numbers; and, I'll get around to forecasting the peak of this bull before it ends. lol. We have all of the information we need.

Indidentally this way of measuring I learned from reading 'The Collected Works of Ralph Elliot'. He also had a very scarce framework he hinted at in timing triangle breakouts and waves in general and I sort of filled in what I could. As I understand it Joe Charter who posts here could probably add a few things I'm missing per cycle forecasting should he want to. I hope he does. This could prove to be a learning experience for us all.

I'll make a post this weekend especially for you though, Anna.

Hey SPQR;

Did you make the post. If not would you please
Thanks
The fact of the matter is this strategy of mine only works on certain triangles and then only after spending way too much time calculating and not trading. I'm working on recreating Gann's planetary forecasts. I'll make a different thread when I have statistics.