starting day

Hello.

I'm new to Taylor Trading. But I found out that people come to different counts on days and what is strange they think it works for them pretty well. I hope Rich can shed some light here. How do we find where is the first Buy day? And what has to happen to have variation with 4th and 5th day of the cycle?
Hope that some other knowledgable people will join and write few things about the subject.

quote:
Originally posted by tomo

Hello.

I'm new to Taylor Trading. But I found out that people come to different counts on days and what is strange they think it works for them pretty well. I hope Rich can shed some light here. How do we find where is the first Buy day? And what has to happen to have variation with 4th and 5th day of the cycle?
Hope that some other knowledgable people will join and write few things about the subject.

Hi Tomo

Taylor explains in his book that the way to start a book you take 10 days of data and you pick the day with the lowest low and make that your buy day.
So if I was to start from today and go back 10 days on ES 8/20 was the lowest low. That would be the Buy day. this happens to be on the same cycle I am on.

However if I started my book on 7/31 the lowest low was on 7/29 making today a Sell day.

If you started your book on 7/15 then today would be a SS day.

I do it a bit different is that I take many months of data and set the first day of data to the day that will give me the best positive 3 day rally ratio. When I started my book It just happend to coincide with the lowest low of the 1st 10 days of the year was the Buy day, so I kept it.

The 4th and 5th day variation is just a variation in the way you trade that cycle. The cycle never changes and just continue on and on.

These variation cause failed positive 3 day rally in bear trends and failiure to decline on Buy days in up trends.

I hope that helps
Yes .. Thank you very much. So as I understand 4th and 5th day is also a Buy Day and Sell Day but we trade them differently when we are able to see a change in market behavior?
Not to bad for the first report of TTT Europe

Dax nailed the low nearly to the tick

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
I am also new to the trading scene and am quite confused about certain things. I am learning more and more as the days go by.

@ Richbois ...
What is the Title of the Book?
Originally posted by FuturesTrader99

I am also new to the trading scene and am quite confused about certain things. I am learning more and more as the days go by.

@ Richbois ...
What is the Title of the Book?

if you are talking about thre book by Taylor it is called

The Taylor Trading Technique by George Douglass Taylor

It is a greta book but very hard to read and understand as his english was terrible

Check out my website also for mor info on the TTT method

Richard

Taylortradingtechnique.com