Scudder Funds

I am full of questions this morning. Over the weekend I read something about scudder funds but it did not explain what they are. Anybody have any idea what a scudder fund is? tia
I find it hard to believe that you asked this question 11 months ago and I didn't answer it.

Anyway, I tried to do a bit of research and came up with:
quote:
FRANKFURT AM MAIN / NEW YORK, February 2, 2006 – Deutsche Bank today announced that Scudder Investments, the US mutual fund business of its global asset management division Deutsche Asset Management (DeAM), is being rebranded as DWS Scudder.

So it looks like a Scudder Fund is a Mutual Fund operated and owned by Deutsche Bank.

I noticed the following warning about Scudder Funds:
quote:
NOT FDIC/NCUA INSURED MAY LOSE VALUE NO BANK GUARANTEE
NOT A DEPOSIT NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERALGOVERNMENT AGENCY

Also from some (obviously) promotional material:
quote:
...Scudder, a respected US asset manager founded in 1919. With a strong commitment to superior performance, innovative products and intellectual thought leadership, DWS Scudder offers a comprehensive and diverse family of products and services, including mutual funds and retirement plans.

Were you thinking of investing in one of the funds?
Thanks for the answer day trading. I had completely fogotten about this posting.

No I was not going to invest in them. I was just curious because I saw the name and had never heard or seen of them before and could not find any other information on the net.