ES Tuesday 12-12-17

58.75 - 60 is the key volume I am watching now
any failure above 69 should in theory come back to the 64 - 65 spot
magnets on fire today....volume attracted price well
I'm confused on the levels/magnets today.

I don't see how the numbers posted where involved in today's trading?

Not doing much on ES, just a weekly breakout. Set at 75.25 No volatility compared to CL and it appears volatility is crucial to my smaller time frame scalps.
are you looking at December still ? I consider the volume in two ways....1) they are magnet areas that get targeted and 2) They can turn into support or resistance.......a very important point is that they are not exact and are just general areas so if they are off buy 2 tics to a point then so be it...so today we opened in RTH and dropped down to the first zone mentioned ( actually stayed 2 tics above it at 60.50 twice and rallied from there....this area was posted at 9 pm MONDAY night for overnight trade and Tuesdays trade) .).......This afternoon we couldn't sustain trade above the 69 and came back to the 64 - 65 magnet ..this was derived from volume that flowed into the market DURING the day session......
might just be the difference in contracts....hope that helps..I should have been more specific and said it was for December ...I will get it together and post for March from here forward...sorry If I messed you up
(
Originally posted by Big Mike

I'm confused on the levels/magnets today.

I don't see how the numbers posted where involved in today's trading?

Not doing much on ES, just a weekly breakout. Set at 75.25 No volatility compared to CL and it appears volatility is crucial to my smaller time frame scalps.
I'm trading March