Ethics

I am starting this conversation thread because of my disappointment in one of the forum members (AHK/Aaron) representing paper trades as real trades on the forum.

I do not want to discuss what he did in this thread. I want to discuss the ethics and morals behind people doing this sort of thing for financial gain.

So the question is: If you are getting a commission for selling a trading system, is it ethical to represent that you have actually made trades based on this system, when in fact you have not made those trades?
quote:
Originally posted by George Soros

I have already answered that type of question as day trading said. I am not George Soros but a big fan of his, as I have already said.

FIGURES.........
The question is still unanswered: Why did it take you (ahk) so long to state that the trade was real?
I was going to say that it is a pity that we will never get an answer from ahk on this question but I do not think that we would have ever got an answer to this. Just like we never seemed to get an answer from ahk on any reasonable question that was asked of him which is typical for that sort of person.

This forum suddenly seems to be clean and healthy again now that ahk has gone. Perhaps we can inject some new and fresh discussions in here that don't have a complete biased slant on them.
You know I do not think that he ever took those trades. My theory behind why it took so long for him to come back to us on this subject is that he was checking up with his lawyer about the legality of claiming that he had claimed to have taken trades that he had not. So, my theory is that his lawyer told him that he was in the clear and that took a couple of weeks and that is why it took so long for him to answer the question. That is also the reason that he would not answer your question about why it took so long to answer the question because then he would have had to have said "because I was waiting for my lawyer to get back to me to tell me if I would get into trouble for lying."

Anyways - that is my hypothesis on the subject. I would be interested to know if anybody else has any ideas why it took him so long to answer the question?
quote:
Originally posted by moneytec

You know I do not think that he ever took those trades. My theory behind why it took so long for him to come back to us on this subject is that he was checking up with his lawyer about the legality of claiming that he had claimed to have taken trades that he had not. So, my theory is that his lawyer told him that he was in the clear and that took a couple of weeks and that is why it took so long for him to answer the question. That is also the reason that he would not answer your question about why it took so long to answer the question because then he would have had to have said "because I was waiting for my lawyer to get back to me to tell me if I would get into trouble for lying."

Anyways - that is my hypothesis on the subject. I would be interested to know if anybody else has any ideas why it took him so long to answer the question?

Why not let the dead rest in peace?
quote:
Originally posted by George Soros

I was going to say that it is a pity that we will never get an answer from ahk on this question but I do not think that we would have ever got an answer to this. Just like we never seemed to get an answer from ahk on any reasonable question that was asked of him which is typical for that sort of person.

This forum suddenly seems to be clean and healthy again now that ahk has gone. Perhaps we can inject some new and fresh discussions in here that don't have a complete biased slant on them.

And the Lord Jesus said, "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."
mahavishnu: What is your take on the ethics question that this topic was created for?

If you are getting a commission for selling a trading system, is it ethical to represent that you have actually made trades based on this system, when in fact you have not made those trades?

Also:
How long have you been trading?
What type of trading do you do?
What symbol(s) do you trade?
What would you like and expect to get out of this forum?

The reason that I am asking these questions to you is because you have already made a number of posts and I am trying to steer this forum back on track for the benefit of the day traders that frequent here. Your answers should give me an insight into who you are and how I can help you presumably improve your bottom line.

In fact these questions are open to everyone.
As asked by you, the answer is no. But since I don't know the facts behind the original post by George Soros, I won't speculate if ahk was in truth unethical. I am one of the rare persons in this world who is slow to judgment. And I couldn't help but notice how fast others here are. Anyway, here are the answers to your other questions:

I have been trading for a decade.
I trade intraday.
ES.
I would hope to find something--in fact anything--that could help me become more profitable than I already am. By this I mean hard real time setups that have a very high probability of success and can stand the test of time. I only trade for money, not recreation, hobby or intellectual satisfaction. I have other things in my life for those.

Instead of threadjacking this let's continue here: Trader Analysis