Trader Analysis

quote:
Originally posted by mahavishnu

I have been trading for a decade.
I trade intraday.
ES.
I would hope to find something--in fact anything--that could help me become more profitable than I already am. By this I mean hard real time setups that have a very high probability of success and can stand the test of time. I only trade for money, not recreation, hobby or intellectual satisfaction. I have other things in my life for those.

What would you perceive to be your greatest strength and greatest weakness when it comes to trading?
I don't think this is a good use of your time since I already employ a professional trading coach, but I appreciate the thought nonetheless.
It might help others and others might be able to give you ideas. When coaching golfers, Bob Rotella gives an example of a pro golf player who would listen to the advice given by coaches and others and dismiss about 9 out of every 10 ideas but he said that every tenth idea had something in it that he could use to improve his game.

The ideas collection is a percentage game. The more you listen to and dismiss the more likely you are to come across one or two good ideas that will go to the bottom line.

By the way, who is your trading coach? Someone in the Kingfisher room was looking for one recently and I didn't have one to recommend. What is his/her name and number and why would you recommend him/her (assuming that you would because you use him/her)?
The book where I got that quote that I mentioned above (by Bob Rotella) is called Golf is not a game of perfect.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

It might help others and others might be able to give you ideas. When coaching golfers, Bob Rotella gives an example of a pro golf player who would listen to the advice given by coaches and others and dismiss about 9 out of every 10 ideas but he said that every tenth idea had something in it that he could use to improve his game.

The ideas collection is a percentage game. The more you listen to and dismiss the more likely you are to come across one or two good ideas that will go to the bottom line.

By the way, who is your trading coach? Someone in the Kingfisher room was looking for one recently and I didn't have one to recommend. What is his/her name and number and why would you recommend him/her (assuming that you would because you use him/her)?

Perhaps so. But my weaknesses overshadow my strengths by a large margin and I'm too insecure for Internet group therapy.

My coach is Ruth Roosevelt.

Are you a member of the Kingfisher room?
No I'm not a member of Kingfisher.

This is the woman that you're talking about right? http://www.ruthroosevelt.com/

What does she charge per session?
Yes, that's her. I'd rather not disclose what I pay in the unlikely event I'm getting a super deal. And besides, I think that's confidential. I hope you understand.
Personally what I am paying a trading coach I would not consider confidential. It's just like any other trading service. You want to be able to shop around and compare quality and price so it would help everyone if we knew what she charged. Could you ask her for a figure that we could put on the forum the next time you talk to her?
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Personally what I am paying a trading coach I would not consider confidential. It's just like any other trading service. You want to be able to shop around and compare quality and price so it would help everyone if we knew what she charged. Could you ask her for a figure that we could put on the forum the next time you talk to her?

Unlike other trading services her fees are not published. Hers is not a commodity business and price, at least for me, was not the driving force to hire her. And perhaps the fees are negotiable and vary from client to client. I'm uncomfortable pitching her services, although I will say I'm very satisfied. Each person should contact her individually if they have any interest.