The Trading Zone

Hello, has anyone tried or had any experience with TheTradingZone? If so, what are your thoughts about them, pro and con?
Thank you,
ican
Thanks for the reply Greg. Your guess at greater profits during volatile times is what I would also have guessed at. I know that your point targets are usually smaller than 10 points and when I read about the recent 10+ points that you guys have been getting on your runners it raised that question in my mind.

Brett Steenbarger raise the question of correlation of volatility with other figures recently and there are some other traders that I chat with who are looking at certain correlations so I've been following those types of relationships of late and so have some interest in it.
I guess the simple answer is that market conditions have just favored recent large point trades.

You are correct, my average trade is much fewer points, around the 2.5 area. But recently in the SP's we have seen explossive moves that carried our trades 4-5 points in a single candle (or 2)

Tha average trading range for the SP's has been about 12 (approx) points / day. A few years back we saw that drop to about 8 points

Right now the 14 day ATR stands at 20, and has been above 16 since July.

So the environment has been very good for my syle of trading
I have been trading for some years now and have found a direct correlaton between greater profits in more volatie market's. When making this statement, I must include two very important factors (concerning myself). The volatility must include a high degree of volume relative to the increased volatility. For example, I find the tremendous jump in volatility on FOMC days to be virtually untradable. Is their opportunity to make some big money? Sure, but the chance of getting a stop order filled at the correct price may be slim. On the other hand, days with increased volatility and volume (which we have seen some in the S&P's in the last few weeks) can offer tremendous opportunity to a trader. The important factor needed in that type of trade (or any type of trade for that matter) is discipline. I suppose being able to see volume in a market, trading with discipline and using some type of market tools that work more times then not, seem to make sense? Unfortunately, it took me some years and $$$ to find that path (as I think it does many). I was one of the lucky ones, who finally found something that worked for me. I am not shy to say, it was Greg W and his Trading Zone!
First sentence above, should read...

I have been trading for some years now and have found a direct correlaton between greater profits in more volatile market's.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

It's great to hear some honest and sincere feedback on a trading course. So refreshing from the spam put out there by other vendors. Please keep us posted as you progress.

Hi Bruce

Thaks for your post....

I shall keep u guys updated and will post my progress in mid Dec so i have plenty of time to see how things are going....

At the moment my trading just goes from strength to strength - I am making consistent profits in Pre-Market and have made enough during that timeframe in order to stop for the rest of the day - but i continue - lol - And my goodness the profits just get bigger.....

Amin
Well Done Amin

Keep us posted on your success !

Greg
Hi, anybody know what these people use?
I'm guessing a bit of market profile for an overall view, and for the calls a bit of linear regression with a stoch. and a bit of tape reading.

The calls are great, but I think paying $2,000 for some templates is a bit much. Yeah,I know, threre's more to it than that !
Thanks in advance if anybody knows the "secret" ! and wants to share.

If you think that learning how to succeed in trading is nothing more than a few templates, I think your career will be short

What "these people" offer is a solid methodology that is reinforced every day, by calling trades, and then reviewing those trades and the methods in after hours training sessions.

Because becoming a success at trading is Not an Event, it's a Process.

If I gave you a few medical books do you think you would become a Doctor.

Sadly, you have probably been to our room , seen our trades and clearly see value in finding out more, or you wouldn't be asking.

But... you have already demonstrated your lack of sincere commitment to learning this endeavor. You know you could also buy a Degree from a Medical school online for like $50. (and Doctors earn big bucks)

For $2,000 you get to trade along side professional traders, the system developers, X floor traders. You get to challenge the methods by joining our training sessions, and see how trades called earlier in the day worked or failed. Oh yes you also get the templates.

I am pretty sure I would not have the confidence in a Doctor / Accountant, or any other professional who tries to Figure Out the Secret, without putting in the hard work that is realy required to succeed.

So even if you did manage to get hold of the 'secret', without proper coaching time and experience you would probably give up on it after 3 stops, and then resume your search for some other secret.

If and when you are ever ready to treat your trading as a busisness, be professional and truly make the efforts to learn what drives markets, I will refer you to an excellent trading coach, he charges $12k, but worth every penny

quote:
Originally posted by aminm_3

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

It's great to hear some honest and sincere feedback on a trading course. So refreshing from the spam put out there by other vendors. Please keep us posted as you progress.

Hi Bruce

Thaks for your post....

I shall keep u guys updated and will post my progress in mid Dec so i have plenty of time to see how things are going....

At the moment my trading just goes from strength to strength - I am making consistent profits in Pre-Market and have made enough during that timeframe in order to stop for the rest of the day - but i continue - lol - And my goodness the profits just get bigger.....

Amin

Amin, I congratulate you on your early success.

Please don't take offense of my comments, but this forum has been seriously spammed by folks (shills) who say great things about certain vendors and when pressed to prove their success by posting trading statements, they fail terribly, which totally undermines their credibility. Can you please show you're different than those people and post your statements for the period you mentioned?

Frankly, I'm surprised BruceM didn't ask for them. Maybe he's getting worn down as time passes.

Mr. carcanaques Shows up on 11/20/2007 his 1st day ever on this board, posts 5 times, and says that others are shills??? Gimme a break.
Can't help but notice that one of your posts is a link to a website that offers a trading system.
Yes the boards have deteriorated, but because of guys like you.

I am always happy to have a serious conversation about trading with any real trader.
Here is the deal, my phone number is posted on my website, if you have anything you want to discuss, trading, profitablility, spammers just give me a call. I have nothing to hide, but that is not the same as putting your private information on the web.

Greg
Thanks for your response. Did you ever find anyone or anything to help you be a better trader? They are asking $3000 now. Thanks again.