Profit per contract

For those of you who are making money in ES, I am very interested to learn what your average profit per contract is after commissions, AND what would you consider to be an above average performance using this metric.

Salesman abound claiming "all you need is 2 points a day to make a good living," but what are those in the trenches doing?
Jim Kane's thread on fun math facts touches on this topic a bit...

[url]http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2715[/url]

I ran a summary of my results for the month of May, I came in at $97 per contract, a touch below the recommended minimum 2 points per contract.

Thanks for posting that PT. I wanted to post the link, but I couldn't remember where I posted the topic, or even what I had called it.
Excellent!

quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

Jim Kane's thread on fun math facts touches on this topic a bit...

[url]http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2715[/url]

I ran a summary of my results for the month of May, I came in at $97 per contract, a touch below the recommended minimum 2 points per contract.

quote:
Originally posted by jimkane

Thanks for posting that PT. I wanted to post the link, but I couldn't remember where I posted the topic, or even what I had called it.

No doubt the percentages look very good on an annual basis, but from a practical point--meaning making money to live on if trading is a full-time job--one has to trade a fairly large size to make a living at those profits/contract.
quote:
Originally posted by topgun

quote:
Originally posted by jimkane

No doubt the percentages look very good on an annual basis, but from a practical point--meaning making money to live on if trading is a full-time job--one has to trade a fairly large size to make a living at those profits/contract.

I suppose it depends on what you consider large size and the income your trying to produce... In the other thread we determined a net of 2 ES points of profit per day on 1 contract will produce $20,000 per year of income. Using 10 lots would give you $200,000 of profit, in the ES 10 lots is not a large position size.