David Marsh Tick Trader course

Does anyone know about David Marsh? I have been strongly considering giving his method a try, but still really haven't found any independent feedback on him. I have spoken to him directly and corresponded with 3 of his students, who all thinks his method works, but of course I got the names from David Marsh. I am hoping to get some feedback from someone independent. Thanks.
Sorry: I neglected to write (and should have), that my comments having nothing to do with David Marsh's course. I do not use it, own it and before this link had never heard of it. My point was simply that new traders entering this business should not necessarily view the entire Trading Education Field as a scam. Of course, with any product or service you are looking at, due diligence is a must! IMHO
Hola all and TopGun,

I want to apologize for my rude remarks. I have been in this business a long time (since '89) and there was no need to be rude. All I want to do is if someone asks questions that I may be able to shed light on and it helps them to gain more perspective from potentially spending money on something without proper research and due diligence; then I have done a good thing.

My boss told me I was a complete idiot for my language; I agree.

Regardless, although I am NOT trading it with real money--I will be a beta tester for ticktrader auto-trading with Ninjatrader software. David remarks that Tradestation is way too buggy and is having a former Tradestation programmer that is very good with Ninja program his autotrader.

My initial thoughts on this are I believe (yet to be seen) that his method on emini sp/emini dow/10 year notes may just go 1 or 2 wins and done 4 out of 5 days and the 5th day it may take 4 to 5 or even 6 trades to get to target.

I will report back when I have sufficient info.

Regards,

researcher247

p.s. again--I have no agenda and I have probably bought and tested more methods/systems/approaches than nearly anyone on this board since the late 80's.

My father was a member of the CBOT and a bean/bellies trader and a big stock option trader--so this is something I have been exposed to morning/noon/night for nearly 42 years.
quote:
Originally posted by coops2468

b52- The only one who can make you profitable is your self !

b52, on your comment above... Yes, The only one who can make you profitable is your self but without the correct education, guidence or for that matter a mentor, most people will have considerably less then a 5% chance of success. The reports tell us only 5% of trader starting new will become successful in this field. There is obviously a very strong reason for this. Most people starting new seem to have the idea that the only one who can make you profitable is your self.
I only wish when I first started trading that I had done my own due diligence and found an educational source that could have saved me years of my time as well as what I consider to be wasted money. There is going to be a learning curve even if one finds a reputable education source. Are there many rooms, software, etc that are a waste of money? Of course! This is why the word due diligence is used so often in this forum. IMHO, Any person who spends $10,000 on a trading course and has not done there share of research is not simply getting scammed but is not very intelligent. The same for the pictures of the luxery cars, magnificent homes and the rest. It sounds to me like you have been taken advantage of one to many times and are simply angry, which is understandable. If your goal is still to become a successful trader, make sure due diligence is a part of everything you look at and eventually you may find the right fit. IMHO

I did my time, attending a bunch of mentor rooms with free trial, red tons of articles free of charge, 1.000´s of backtests etc. Didnt spend a single $ on cources or mentors, but baught 3 books.

Im not angry, just trying to warn traders. To develop a trading strategy takes years of work - do you think some one who spend years in developing his trading strategy would post it in public ? He wouldnt even tell his whife.

It is my impression, that most of the mentor rooms, black box systems and other holy grales, were made by traders who didnt suceed in developing a profitable trading strategy. Most promise 1% a month, using daily bars, or 1 pips a day. 1 pips a day will make you lose your funds, steady and secure, 3 pips a day will make you lose your funds, but with a slower pace.

A profitable trading strategy should have min. a hit rate of 65%, and an average gain pr traded future contract of 8 pips, and a daily profit of 20-100 pips pr contract pr future. There are other combinations, but just to give an example of what it takes to be profitable.
quote:
Originally posted by researcher247

Hola all and TopGun,

I want to apologize for my rude remarks. I have been in this business a long time (since '89) and there was no need to be rude. All I want to do is if someone asks questions that I may be able to shed light on and it helps them to gain more perspective from potentially spending money on something without proper research and due diligence; then I have done a good thing.

My boss told me I was a complete idiot for my language; I agree.

Regardless, although I am NOT trading it with real money--I will be a beta tester for ticktrader auto-trading with Ninjatrader software. David remarks that Tradestation is way too buggy and is having a former Tradestation programmer that is very good with Ninja program his autotrader.

My initial thoughts on this are I believe (yet to be seen) that his method on emini sp/emini dow/10 year notes may just go 1 or 2 wins and done 4 out of 5 days and the 5th day it may take 4 to 5 or even 6 trades to get to target.

I will report back when I have sufficient info.

Regards,

researcher247

p.s. again--I have no agenda and I have probably bought and tested more methods/systems/approaches than nearly anyone on this board since the late 80's.

My father was a member of the CBOT and a bean/bellies trader and a big stock option trader--so this is something I have been exposed to morning/noon/night for nearly 42 years.

resercher247, you say you are beta testing ticktrader, is it this one : www.tickcom.com ?

I know a lady that took the Marsh Jones course. Its a pretty simple system. [This part of the post removed by Admin. Only post copyright material in the forum if you have the permission of the copyright holder.]
It seems I had David Marsh confused with Marsh Jones Sorry guys
coops2468
I heard you have this course. I don't know why you don't use it but would you mind sharing it?

Thanks
I think that coops2468 was saying that he does NOT own the course.
Hi is anyone know already about this method?
I'm looking for some feedback
I have over two months experience with using David Marsh's Tick Trader course. One thing I just want to say is that why would someone selling something for less than two thousand dollars and make them lose 3 or 4 times of their money. I just don't understand why would someone selling something that's not working and make people lose their money many time the amount they paid for their course.

I have tried the Tick Trader strategy and it will not work for you. You are heading toward failure if you tried. His strategy is just based [This part of the post removed by Admin. Only post copyright material in the forum if you have the permission of the copyright holder.] Do you expecting that you will profit a few tick based on that? No Not that easy!!! You will lose more than you win in the end to be honest with you.

When asking for a refund he will not fulfill his money back guaranteed. His double your money back guaranteed is his way of marketing hype. He has never refund anyone's money for their dissatisfaction of the course so don't even think about getting twice the amount of money you paid for the course.

He's just another person who cant make money trading so he decided to selling courses to make money that's all I can say. Its just really unfair

Rocko
Re-read the thread.

Simple indicators and nothing new or revolutionary. Can you make money with a 2 to 1 risk: reward method? Are you man enough to avg. into losers?

Get the picture.

peace

hedvig