Quotes Worth Repeating

The following quote is from the book Sell & Sell Short by Dr. Alexander Elder.

"Each speculator must identify and do his/her own thing. Perhaps more importantly, they must stay out of someone else's game. The market will tell its own story ,and your only task is to hear it fast."
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up Knowing
it must run faster that the lion or be killed.
Every morning, a lion awakens knowing it must
outrun the slowest gazelle or starve to death.
It doesn't matter if you are a lion or a gazelle.
when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.
The only way to make a small fortune on Wall-Street is to start with a large fortune ...

... or to be in the trading services business

(variation on a theme)
When the world becomes standard, I will start caring about standards.
Rasmus Lerdorf

Originally posted by CharterJoe

From Pit Bull by Martin (buzzy) Schwartz

"Even failure was better than doing nothing"
“You can have the first 20%, and I’ll let you have that last 20%; I’ll settle for the 60% in the middle.”... Bernard Baruch.
This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open markets have created, and share its benefits more equitably. Trade has been a cornerstone of our growth and global development. But we will not be able to sustain this growth if it favors the few, and not the many.

Barack Obama

The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.
Jim Morrison

But I believe in fair trade, and I will tell you, I have many, many friends heading up corporations, and people that do just business in China, they say it's virtually impossible. It's very, very hard to come into China. And yet, we welcome them with open arms.
Donald Trump
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
Michael Jordan
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, because it can not be overemphasized: the most important change in my trading career occurred when I learned to divorce my ego from the trade. Trading is a psychological game most people think that they are playing against the market, but the market doesn’t care. You’re really playing against yourself. You have to stop trying to will things to happen to prove that you’re right. Listen only to what the market is telling you NOW. Forget what you thought it was telling you five minutes ago. The sole objective of trading is not to prove you’re right, but to hear the cash register ring.

- Marty Schwartz, “Pit Bull
I fond out that when I was in a live trade the constant question that was going through my mind was "What is my trading plan? Where do I enter, where do I exit for profit or exit for PROTECTION. Having this plan will greatly increase your mindset.

John14
"Although the cheetah is the fastest animal in the world and can catch any animal on the plains, it will wait until it is absolutely sure it can catch its prey. It may hide in the bush for a week, waiting for just the right moment. It will wait for a baby antelope, and not just any baby antelope, preferably one that is sick or lame. Only then, when there is no chance it can lose its prey, does it attack. That, to me, is the epitome of professional trading."

Mark Weinstein
Losses are necessary, as long as they are associated with a technique to help you learn from them