ES Thursday 2-9-12

3rd standard deviation of Vwap is up at 50.25 and key number so looking for shorts up here now...another report in 12 minutes risks a spike up into 1355 which is the R1 level off the weekly numbers

charts coming
yes the pitbull number Sand mentioned it...very cool...lots of confluence down there

Hey Kool if you weren't short already I'd be hoping for new highs into that O/N high to get short that would make the 7th higher high on the 5 minute......7 - 9 swing points becomes an obvious channel and gets a bit overdone...

but since u r short and I'm not in this I hope it drops for you now!!
Yeah, still short from 1350.25, but bored to death. Cant say i havent had my chances to get out at breakeven or a small profit.Currently have my stop at 1352.25 and trying to exit at 1348 and change...
Originally posted by koolblue

Yeah, still short from 1350.25, but bored to death. Cant say i havent had my chances to get out at breakeven or a small profit.Currently have my stop at 1352.25 and trying to exit at 1348 and change...

I just wonder why don’t you raise your stop another 3 ticks to make it above the high of the day?
Do you like mechanical stops better than structural?
Heres why im looking for a short term peak next week, not this week!...
Click image for original size
feb seasonality

seasonalfebruaryspx

6086003dc4e03d56aecc2560fb98e337
Originally posted by khamore1

I just wonder why don’t you raise your stop another 3 ticks to make it above the high of the day?
Do you like mechanical stops better than structural?
A fair question... i guess because if it goes up here i feel it will surely exceed the high of the day going to 1353-4.. and i already have a crappy risk-reward!

Heres why im looking for a short term peak next week, not this week!...
feb seasonality

seasonalfebruaryspx

6086003dc4e03d56aecc2560fb98e337

...oops! i meant a high around feb 16th! ...sorry
Well, gettin too late in the day for me..just covered at 1349.75 for a small profit as i have to get ready for work. All in all, a very good day thanks in large part to a successful long this morning. Good trading all!
good night kool, thanks for stopping by
no prob!...and theres my 1348 and change...as hoped for,but too late in the day for me to take full advantage of it!..lol
thanks for that info Koolio....great stuff as usual
46 is the center of this neutral day...vwap down near there too