ES 3-21-13

the number i got are:

1556-58

1543-45
1530-32

my plan today is to buy the rat # 43.75. if that fails i will buy 38 area..sell will be in the 56-58 area..like most of these plans that i write out before the market opens never happens..so consider what you pay for this plan..lol..good luck everyone
nice work bruce..no u not getting rusty..the market was that quick.
gray histogram is the monthly Time profile...blue is weekly histogram

that's it for me...hope all play well from here and watch that 41 - 43 LVN and last weeks low....hey did I say that enough ???
Click image for original size
monthly
looks like a v bottom today..bruce do you keep track of how your runners do at hittimg there target??
no I don't duck because of three reasons :

1) I'm always looking to take more off sooner, meaning that I scale out fast with more contracts and then the small amount I have left is used for runners and they are always harder for me to manage

2) The second reason is that the amount of contracts I put on depends on the time of day and the setup I see. So I would have to break that all up and keep track of it all

3) Third and biggest reason is that I am lazy and usually more concerned with taking that initial profit. keeping track of statistics is a great thing to do and may provide value but this discretionary trader would find it difficult because the volatility of the market changes along with my mood. so i am not convinced knowing how often a runner achieves 4 points of profit for example before it losses two points would help.

In higher volatility a 4 point runner would happen more often then on days or times when daily ranges are only 10 - 12 points .

Statistics are cool but they can also mess you up. As another example, I have held runners trying to get an Overnight high and that probability but then the high doesn't get run and the low gets run out instead. So it can get confusing and sometimes too much knowledge is a bad thing.

Naturally just my opinion and certainly don't want to bad mouth statistics for those who use them for runners or profit goals.

sorry for rambling...check out Ft71 if u haven't already as he is into stats
again bruce thanks for sharing..u have johnny for me..enjoy the rest of the day
it will be interesting to see if they can close this market today under last weeks low !!
anybody trying to sell into 46 this morning ? It's friday and I think they want the 42 - 41.75 again..
moving target on runners to 42.75...triples at the current highs so aggressive scales here
i was ready at the 48#..now waiting at 40.25 to go long
came out at 43 even..had some data issues today..no triples at the highs and initiatlly had POC wrong...today it is 43 even...hence my exit
That was re Cyprus