Why do you trade?

Hi traders!

A friend of mine has asked me to help her find online traders for her school research.
To be able to go further, she has a few questions. Would you guys be so kind to help her out?

1. How old are you?

2. How often do you trade on average?
(e.g. Daily, weekly or yearly)

3. How long have you been trading?

4. How were you introduced to online trading?

5. What is your motivation to trade?
Could you explain your motivation? Where did it come from and why?

Appreciate your time! Thank you!!
1. How old are you?
Daily. 4-5 trades per day, depending on performance.
On and off for about 4 years
- Through a friend, but in the equities market.

Tired of working 14-16hr days, of physical labor. Feeling like my mind is going to mush. Would rather use my brain, and at least have the potential to make a lot more money... $15/hr isn't a terrible wage by any means, but if I want to have any sort of worthwhile retirement, I need to start making a lot more (so I can put more away in a 401K or something)
I am trading forex for two years and have good experience in Forex. Forex has great potential of making good money if you have knowldge and skills.
I am trading in Forex because i have no other job and i want to earn some money for my family and other needs. Forex is a good source to make good money.
What pair(s)are you trading?
Hi,
I am 30 years old' trading options, find every thing I need on the web, I trade weekly in the last few years.
I started because I need money on the side and fell in love with it/

hope I helped you/
good day
1. How old are you? 36

(e.g. Daily, weekly or yearly) weekly

3. How long have you been trading? I am new at this

4. How were you introduced to online trading? My friends were talking about this and I was intrigued.

5. What is your motivation to trade? I wish to be able to make my living out of trading
1. How old are you? 42

2. How often do you trade on average? weekly

3. How long have you been trading? I have been trading for the last year and a half

4. How were you introduced to online trading? Someone at work told me about it

5. What is your motivation to trade? I wish to make my life better and to be able to enjoy all the perks in life
1. How old are you? 35

(e.g. Daily, weekly or yearly) For now on a monthly basis

3. How long have you been trading? I am a beginner

4. How were you introduced to online trading? I found it online

5. What is your motivation to trade? I wish to make enough so I can travel the world
I am trading in stocks for few months.
1. How old are you?
Not too sure. Have imbibed oceans of beer through different epochs. Trading since the Pleistocene Era - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleistocene

Hourly actually. Still using a dial up modem ... but my tech guy says if I co-locate it, all will be well.

Since birth. Read "Reminiscences of a Stock Operator" while in the womb - https://www.amazon.com/Reminiscences-Stock-Operator-Edwin-Lef%C3%A8vre/dp/0471770884

A guy named Andy told me it was a piece of cake as I watched him bank $27k in a day while wearing a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops and on a speaker phone with a guy in another city discussing the finer points of mountain biking.

Motivation ... hmmm? Probably an Oedipus Complex issue that I don't remember and can't quite put my finger on. As to where it came from and how? At the age of 7 I wanted to ditch my dad and marry my mom and chunk the fam fortune into that fruit company that Forest Gump alluded to.

Appreciate your time! Thank you!!
Thank you. I'm MonkeyMeat ... and I approve this message.
I think it is a somewhat illogical question, obviously we trade to make money.