Treasury Bills, T-Bills
- 4-week bill (Announced Monday, auctioned Tuesday, settled Thursday)
- 3-month bill (aka 13-week bill). (Announced Thursday, auctioned Monday, settled Thursday)
- 6-month bill (aka 26-week bill). (Announced Thursday, auctioned Monday, settled Thursday)
- 12-month bill (aka 52-week bill). (Announced Thursday, auctioned Monday, settled Thursday)
Bills sell in minimum increments of $100 face value. i.e. the amount you will pay for the bill will be less than that but the maturity value will be in those increments.
Compare the following Treasury instruments:
- Treasury Bills (T-Bills)
- Treasury Notes, (T-Notes)
- Treasury Bonds, (T-Bonds)
- Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS)
- Treasury STRIPS
Check the Economic Events Calendar to see if this or other announcements are taking place in the next 5 days.
Do you have a trading or investing definition for our dictionary? Click the Create Definition link to add your own definition. You will earn 25 bonus reputation points for each definition that is accepted.
Is this definition wrong? Let us know by posting to the forum and we will correct it.