The Schwagster

good 60-70min video of Jack Schwager summing up some insights from his books:

http://www.fxcmexpo.com/

two things should stick out to anyone not already there:

1. you have to find the methodology to fit your personality.

2. forcing, struggling, trying, stressing trades is not a good or winning strategy.

anyway, i don't want to trivialize the points he presents, points offered from THE most successful traders in the world.

enjoy!
Thanks omni - I will watch it shortly. Here's a direct link to the video:

Jack Schwager Video
great video. thanks for link
quote:
Originally posted by trade2win

great video. thanks for link

no problem, you're very welcome.

also, anyone interested in an audio version, i uploaded a WMA file of the presentation to yousendit.com:

Schwager Audio

since there is really no strong visual value to the presentation (and you can't pause/stop/start/fast forward/rewind it), the WMA was a great option for me. dump it on my MP3 player and i'm good to go.

enjoy!
quote:
Originally posted by omni72

since there is really no strong visual value to the presentation (and you can't pause/stop/start/fast forward/rewind it), the WMA was a great option for me. dump it on my MP3 player and i'm good to go.

Thanks!

How did you extract the WMA from the video? Did you use something like Total Recorder while the video was playing? Or was there a separate WMA download?
d t -

yvw

yeah, i recorded it with TR as an MP3. then i used GoldWave to convert it to a WMA. you don't have to use that process, but (as odd as it sounds) this seems to produce the best, high-compression WMA files. i wish i could find an acceptable video format that would convert WMV files with a similar ratio. the mp3 for Schwag was about 600meg and squeezed down to under 8meg - for about 70min of material

i've tried recording straight to WMA and other conversion methods, but they just don't seem to do as well. btw, i cut off the last few minutes of the presentation, cuz the questions were of little use.

hth

quote:
Originally posted by day trading

Thanks!

How did you extract the WMA from the video? Did you use something like Total Recorder while the video was playing? Or was there a separate WMA download?

Sounds like a useful bit of audio-inside-knowledge. I know that Total Recorder has some settings which can dramatically reduce the size of the MP3 file that it records which works particularly well for voice recording and the quality appears to be indiscernible.

NQoos is a bit of an expert at doing this and he reduced some of Chameleon's chat's to very small files.
great video and audio !!

t2w -

glad you liked it. hope it was useful

dt -

thx for the info regarding NQoos and recording. always looking for ways to tweak stuff, especially A/V.

fwiw, i hope (which is just a step or so below "i plan") to post some more stuff to the psych area, from my own noodle and other stuff i find useful or provacative.

enjoy!
Always interested in what is going on in your noodle omni