Questions from undecidedtrader

quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

quote:
Originally posted by undecidedtrader

I recall reading somewhere that you are an advocate of all in, all out trades. What do you do when one of your setups has a profit expectation for 3 points and the top tick is +2.75 and then the price moves back to entry or a few ticks below? Are you stopped out? What is your "boring" win % and how much drawdown will you sustain before getting stopped?

In that case I will be stopped at breakeven or breakeven plus a couple of ticks profit. I use a very tight stop at entry and move it to breakeven as quickly as the market will allow. Fortunately my full stop is not hit very often (on average 20% of the time).

Okay, 20% of the trades get stopped. What is your intial stop when you enter a trade? What percent of your trades are flats and what percent hit your forecasted target ("boring" win % as you call it)?
I recall reading somewhere that you are an advocate of all in, all out trades. What do you do when one of your setups has a profit expectation for 3 points and the top tick is +2.75 and then the price moves back to entry or a few ticks below? Are you stopped out? What is your "boring" win % and how much drawdown will you sustain before getting stopped?
quote:

In that case I will be stopped at breakeven or breakeven plus a couple of ticks profit. I use a very tight stop at entry and move it to breakeven as quickly as the market will allow. Fortunately my full stop is not hit very often (on average 20% of the time).
quote:

quote:

quote:

Okay, 20% of the trades get stopped. What is your intial stop when you enter a trade? What percent of your trades are flats and what percent hit your forecasted target ("boring" win % as you call it)?

pt, can you please answer the other questions?

(can the moderator change the title of this thread to Questions from undecidetrader to pt_emini, since they are addressed only to him?)
sorry I did not realize this topic was asking me a question... lol

ok, so what is the question ?
quote:

quote:

quote:

1/3 are breakeven or breakeven + a small profit (2 to 4 ticks).

My goal is to stay within the following range of reward:risk... minimum 2:1 through ideal 4:1. So for example, If I am aiming for a target of 4 ES points, then my stop will be somewhere in the range of 1 to 2 points.