Quotes 3

With enough inside information and a million dollars you can go broke in a year. - Warren Buffett

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

The only thing men learn from history is that men learn nothing from history. - Hegel

Anybody who plays the stock market not as an insider is like a man buying cows in the moonlight. - Daniel Drew 19th century speculator

Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon. - Peter Lynch

The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But, unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do. - Warren Buffett

You can never go broke by taking a profit. - Meyer Rothschild

Debt is the slavery of the free. - Publius Syrus

If at first you don't succeed try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it. - W.C. Fields

Never pay the slightest attention to what a company president ever says about his stock. - Bernard Baruch

Take care to sell your horse before he dies. The art of life is passing losses on. - Robert Frost

The ultimate risk is not taking a risk. - James Goldsmith

All the great economic ills the world has known this century can be directly traced back to the London School of Economics. - N.M. Perrera

You could be somewhere where the mail was delayed three weeks and do just fine investing. - Warren Buffett

You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with the 130 IQ. - Warren Buffett

You go to bed feeling very comfortable just thinking about two and a half billion males with hair growing while you sleep. No one at Gillette has trouble sleeping. - Warren Buffett

If you gave me $100 billion and said take away the soft drink leadership of Coca-Cola in the world, I’d give it back to you and say it can't be done. - Warren Buffett

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well. - Warren Buffett

For some reason people take their cues from price action rather than from values. Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. - Warren Buffett

Let's get it clear on what phenomenal wealth is. I think that what Larry Ellison and Bill Gates have is phenomenal wealth. I'm just a two-bit billionaire. - Jim Clarke

Diversification may preserve wealth, but concentration builds wealth. - Warren Buffett

One guy in Thailand in the stock exchange put a gun to his head and said ‘Make the market go up or I’ll shoot myself’. Fantastic. That’s the kind of market I want to be in. - Mark Mobius

If you would like to know the value of money, try to borrow some. - Benjamin Franklin

October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. Other dangerous months are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February. - Mark Twain

When I was young I used to think that money was the most important thing in life. Now that I am old, I know it is. - Oscar Wilde

I owe much; I have nothing; the rest I leave to the poor. - Francois Rabelais

Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. - Spike Milligan

It is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money. - W.C. Fields

Having a little inflation is like being a little bit pregnant. - Leon Henderson

Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. - Woody Allen