rallies and declines

Hi Rich.

One question about rallies and declines. If I'm not wrong Taylor measured rallies as a difference between BD low and SD high. Your rallies are from BD low to SSD high. Am I correct? If so could you tell us why did you change them the way? Declines of Taylor were from SSD high to BD low and I assume your are the same. Again .. correct?
Just making sure.

Tomo
quote:
Originally posted by tomo

Hi Rich.

One question about rallies and declines. If I'm not wrong Taylor measured rallies as a difference between BD low and SD high. Your rallies are from BD low to SSD high. Am I correct? If so could you tell us why did you change them the way? Declines of Taylor were from SSD high to BD low and I assume your are the same. Again .. correct?
Just making sure.

Tomo

You are right the way you understand Taylor, except for something. Taylor and I have Rallies from BD low and SD high and 3 day Rallies from BD low to SSD high. Your Declines are correct.
Ok maybe I missed it but I think Tylor did not measure rallies from BD lows to SSD highs. Could you point me to the page in the book where he describes it? I missed it somehow :)

quote:
Originally posted by tomo

Ok maybe I missed it but I think Tylor did not measure rallies from BD lows to SSD highs. Could you point me to the page in the book where he describes it? I missed it somehow :)

Page 17 is the 1st instance I found quickly.
this refers to my column R and S

The last column is used for the Three Day Method.
The last column, shows the spread or number of points from a Buying Day Low Point to the Short Sale Day High Point, in points gained and the ‘T’ means that it exceeded or sold through the Selling Day High. We put in the number of points and the ‘T’ beside it.
Thnaks
Hi Rich,

Need your help in understanding the significance of the 3 day spread( BD low - SSD High) and Decline and Rally. I presume the 3 Day spread is used to project/ anticpate( quantify) the newer swing. It would be greatful if you can provide an example, so that things can be easy t understand.

Rgds,
Harry