CME contract 6E vs. EC

The pivots page lists the futures contract for British Pound, Swiss Franc, and Yen all as 6B, 6S, and 6J. However for the Euro the contact is EC, not 6E. The EC pivot daily numbers never match my 6E numbers. 6E is the globex contract. What is EC and why is this listed under daily pivots and not 6E? The floor contract?

Thanks
Z
zelli - I don't trade the currency futures so I don't know much about them. When investigating these 2 contracts I was told by someone who does trade them that the EC contract was a lot more economical to trade. What are the advantages of trading one over the other?
Thanks. Well, i don't know what any advantage may be of trading the EC since I don't know what this contract is because I trade 6E. Anyhow, i'll find out and let you know.
Well, thanks to whoever takes care of the daily pivot report. The 6E euro contract is now listed. THANK YOU!!! Bye EC
My numbers never match and I've included attachments that may help clarify. The third attachment is a TradeStation window

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

No Description Entered

No Description Entered

No Description Entered
So am I correct in my interpretation from your last post?
EC = Pit Traded = 7:20am to 2:00pm (6hrs 40mins)
6E = Globex = 5:00pm to 4:00pm (23 hours)

Otherwise these 2 contracts are pretty much the same?

If this is correct, then why do the pit and pit traded contract exist?
I don't see why anyone would trade the Emini euro as the volume seems to be one percent of the EC
I remembered investigating the difference a while back and so I've just found my notes and added them back to the glossary here: Euro FX. Let me know if you think that's accurate. I've also renamed the 6E contract on the Daily Notes to reflect that it's NOT the E-mini version.

After seeing that comparison table in the Glossary I remember my friend saying that he didn't trade the E-mini Euro FX because it was worth half the value yet you paid the same commission as the full contract so if you were to buy more than 1 contract in the E-mini the commissions would essentially double when compared to the EC.
Is there no EC M09? I am kind of sleepy but didn't see it on the "Numbers for Day Traders"
I just don't understand the DP numbers for the EC?

No Description Entered