Woddie and Demark are both calculated wrong

Dear All,

I seem to be having trouble with the Demark and woodie calculations here .
I can see that the demark is being calculated with the previous days open instead of the current days open and understand that this is because the points are generated before the open , but surely this renders the pivot points useless.

But I can't see how they come to the woodie calculation , eg the woodie pivot=(H+L+2xC)/4 , an earlier thread was created on this but there was some confusion about woodie using currnet days data versus previous, where infact all it uses is previous days data...so what calculation are they using here?.

I look forward to your thoughts and comments.

James.
All of the pivots that are calculated on this site are calculated using the previous day's prices. If you consider this the incorrect way to calculate Woodie or DeMark pivots then you would be right. For traders that use the previous day's figures to calculate these pivots they would consider you wrong.

If you need to calculate the pivots using today's open then you can take the current day's open and yesterday's high, low and close and plug them into the Pivot Point Calculator.

Hope this helps.