Trojan on spoof email

I received a nasty Vundo trojan from an email that I thought was a P.M. from prestwickdrive DO NOT SAVE THE FILE!! ITS A VIRUS.
Here's a link to remove the virus.
http://www.squidoo.com/removevundo
Can you forward the complete email (with headers) to me please. My guess is that the email did not really come from MyPivots but was in fact spoofed. I will be able to tell if you send me the email with headers. You should get an email from me shortly that you can reply to.
Guy,

Check your email.

After reviewing the email it said nothing about Mypivots.com, I just saw a name I know and thought it to be safe. Who ever it was probably spoofed prestwickdrive's name as well. I just saw it was form prestwickdrive and assumed it was from mypivots my fault I didn't mean to purposely slander any one on mypivots, please accept my apologies...
This topic originally read "Trojan on email from mypivots" but has been changed to "Trojan on spoof email" after ChaterJoe confirmed that the email did NOT come from MyPivots and did not mention MyPivots in it.
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

Guy,

Check your email.

After reviewing the email it said nothing about Mypivots.com, I just saw a name I know and thought it to be safe. Who ever it was probably spoofed prestwickdrive's name as well. I just saw it was form prestwickdrive and assumed it was from mypivots my fault I didn't mean to purposely slander any one on mypivots, please accept my apologies...

Somehow, someone has spoofed my Yahoo email name and has sent a few bogus emails allegedly from me that contain attachments. I contacted Yahoo about it and they basically said there was nothing they could do. I looked into where the emails were coming from and they are from an ISP in Belgium. I contacted that ISP and sent them copies of the emails and the trails from their origination and they said they would try to contact the spammer and stop it. So far they haven't. Meanwhile, all of my computers are clean so I don't know how they are doing it.

If you get any emails from "Prestwickdrive" that only contain links and they look in the least bit fishy as they all seem to, please delete them without hitting the link.

I feel absolutely horrible that this has happened and apologize to Charter Joe and others that may have been affected. These emails are even getting sent to me and my family members so I have been double victimized too.
Its not your fault prestwickdrive, I assumed someone stole your name, after I realized what it was. Its not the first time its happened. Someone stole a credit card out of my mailbox one time, then stole someone else's mail and paid my credit card bills with the stolen checks via over the phone. I didn't know anything about this because they changed the address to which the statements come. And come to find out it was a local judge who was getting money robbed from his account to mine, and guess who they came to see? It was a nightmare, but they are in jail now, it was the nice folks who cut my grass.
Any leads as to how to check one's computer for viruses once it breaks through firewall and antivirus. I read some where that if the computer fails to boot in safe mode(Press F8 at startup)it may contain virus. Any leads..............
I have the same problem.. somebody is spoofing emails from my own email address. How stupid, I get emails from my own email address this way. Luckily I have filter installed now.
I tried to read up on this virus, sounds like it can be pretty nasty.

I have a question for anyone that can help me. I have noticed lately that my anti-virus (which I run everyday)comes up with no problems found. I mean zero.What's troubling me is that its never done that before, it would always find about 41-150 issues a day that it would deal with. I think most of them were just harmless tracking cookies and such.

Should I be concerned? I don't seem to have any other symptoms other than that.

BTW has anyone received any emails from me?
My virus experience's is like having a fever you will now that your computer is sick...