Windows Home Server

I've just bought and installed an HP EX485 MediaSmart Home Server.

I know that most traders have at least 2 computers and some of you have multiple computers that you use. You also probably have a couple of other computers hanging around the house/office.

The reason that I consider this an important part of my computer arsenal for trading is that it can get me up and running really quickly if I have a hard disk crash in one of my trading computers.

Although this has never happened to me it is just a matter of time before it does. I haven't tested the restore functionality of this but I've read plenty of reviews from people who have and they say that it's ridiculously fast and painless.

To me it's the number of hours it will take to re-install the Operating System, all the software, and then configure it all. The Windows Home Server should make this task happen in about an hour on most of my machines and without me having to do much.

In addition to buying that $500 machine I also bought a couple of Seagate hard disks which I plugged into it for redundancy.

Although I hope that my computers continue to run smoothly and there are no hard disk crashes I also hope that one day I'll be able to post a reply to this topic and describe how quickly I recovered my trading system if/when this happens.

My computer is 4 years old and has a server built in, I have no idea what it is but it has been great since it was custom built. I am due for a new computer I need something quieter this thing is so loud, which is what I wanted in the first place....could you recommend something thats not cooled by fans and would run at lest 5 tick charts and 20 other charts effortlessly, and at least 8-21 inch monitors?
Well you'd need something that is liquid cooled to remove the noise. I got a friend to help me build mine so not sure what is available out there that's prepackaged. If you can find someone who knows what they're doing then you might be able to go to one of those computer warehouse superstores with them and buy the parts and put it together at least then you'll get what you want and it will be quiet. Sorry I can't be more helpful.