Book Review

Is there a place on mypivots where you can review/rate trading books? I had ordered Linda's Street Smarts and was wondering if anyone use's her set-ups here. I have heard of traders making great profits from the book...I was also thinking about ordering the Taylor trading book.
Hey Joe - not yet but it is planned. There is a large list of trading books that might help you. In the meantime, until we have the rating and review system setup, please feel free to start a topic dedicated to a book and author and those of us that have read it will be able to comment on it. I think that this is a great idea.

Edit: You can now review and rate books here: Trading Books and also read what others have said about the books. Book list is sorted by score that they have been rated by.
Great idea. I would love to hear from experienced traders as to what books they found influenced and helped them trade better.

What has been your most indispensable trading book?
Just read Understanding Gaps by Scott Andrews "The Gap Guy"

This book seemed he talked more about a secret system he automated, and pushing his site. It was a very basic understanding about gaps. So I wouldn't read it unless you are brand new and know nothing about gaps...really a shame cause I don't know of a good book on gaps.
Originally posted by CharterJoe

Is there a place on mypivots where you can review/rate trading books? I had ordered Linda's Street Smarts and was wondering if anyone use's her set-ups here. I have heard of traders making great profits from the book...I was also thinking about ordering the Taylor trading book.

Now there is, you can read or submit a review here: Street Smarts

Other books here: Trading Book Reviews

This book seemed he talked more about a secret system he automated, and pushing his site. It was a very basic understanding about gaps. So I wouldn't read it unless you are brand new and know nothing about gaps...really a shame cause I don't know of a good book on gaps.

And I'm guessing that it's all already covered in the free Fading the Gap article.
I have a suggestion for this new topic, since its inception less than 3 days ago there are more than 20 recommendation for different books this by itself confuse us more than help us to choose a book and enhance our learning experience. So my suggestion is: Unless three members recommend a book, do not post the name here
We might want to calculate the average score for each book and use that in the sort criteria, high average score wins. So for example, if book A has an average score of 4.5, and book B has an average of 3.0, then book A is listed ahead of book B in the sorted list.

If we have 4 books all with a 4.5 average score, then we can sort that sub-group by number of ratings. So if book A has 10 ratings and book B has 8 ratings, then book A is listed ahead of book B.
Originally posted by day trading

And I'm guessing that it's all already covered in the free Fading the Gap article.

This book also talks about GAPS...
http://www.mypivots.com/book/review/46/mastering-the-trade
Originally posted by pt_emini

We might want to calculate the average score for each book and use that in the sort criteria, high average score wins. So for example, if book A has an average score of 4.5, and book B has an average of 3.0, then book A is listed ahead of book B in the sorted list.

If we have 4 books all with a 4.5 average score, then we can sort that sub-group by number of ratings. So if book A has 10 ratings and book B has 8 ratings, then book A is listed ahead of book B.

Done - average scores for each of the Review and Ratings section of the site (Broker, Software, Books) now has a new column called Score which is sortable and the default sort order is by Score and then by Recommended in descending order. i.e. the book/broker/software with the highest score will float to the top.
Originally posted by leob
This book also talks about GAPS...
http://www.mypivots.com/book/review/46/mastering-the-trade

Thanks leob! Can you also submit a review/rating for this book?