How to add screenshots?

Hey guys. I want to start a new thread that involves screenshots. I'm using windows vista premium home addition. Can anyone tell me how to take screenshots and add them to my thread? Thanks in advance.

Rookie
there should be some good info on this thread Rookie...

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1204&SearchTerms=screen,shot
Thanks BruceM.
quote:
Originally posted by Rookie

Hey guys. I want to start a new thread that involves screenshots. I'm using windows vista premium home addition. Can anyone tell me how to take screenshots and add them to my thread? Thanks in advance.

Rookie

Hi Rookie,

What I use is (Alt+Print Screen)
(hold down the Alt key and hit the print Screen key)
This puts the screensnap in memory.
Then I paste it (Cntl+V)into the program (e.g. MSPaint) I want and save it.

File, programs, accessories, paint

Hope it helps!

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

No Description Entered

Here is a dead simple piece of software for screenshots, Personally I've always used the method that Blue posted but my wife didn't enjoy that method so she found this free piece of software that even my grandmother can make screenshots with:

http://www.webmasterstricks.com/wt-10-screen-capture.php
To add to what Blue was describing using "paint" under "accessories" ... once you've pasted in the image, you can go to "image" on the toolbar and select "stretch/skew" to shrink down the size. You may lose a tad bit of resolution or font will appear smaller. But I've found it helpful to prevent uploaded charts from stretching the thread posting window 8 miles wide. Helps to avoid scrolling right, left, right, left etc. back and forth to read each post and view any chart.

This isn't really a picture of anything. I'm just practicing. I hope it shows.
No Description Entered
I think I got it now.Thanks everybody.

No Description Entered
You have the power!!
I've just installed Windows 7 and found that this version of windows has a built in utility called Snipping Tool which does exactly that: Allows you to select and then save part of your desktop as an image. Very fast and easy but I realize that it will be a while before many people move on to Windows 7.