margin loss

i cant seem to find the answer im looking for. say you loose one point on the emini. do you loose the margin money you put up or just the 50$ for the one point loss?
you just loose the $50 for the point.
thanks that make me like getting into the emini's a little easier. ill be learning everything i can til mar of next year when ill have the 5 k to start and account
Originally posted by mike3367

thanks that make me like getting into the emini's a little easier. ill be learning everything i can til mar of next year when ill have the 5 k to start and account

hope ur prepared to lose it all...no im not joking.
Originally posted by feng456

hope ur prepared to lose it all...no im not joking.

very rare to be a profitable trader without blowing out an account...very rare....

its seems like you need to blow a few accounts before you see the light and get that ah-ha turning point.....the hardest part is having the stomach, stamina, and the funds to get to that point....

I wouldn't necessarily target March but I would target the March or the first month after March where you have been profitably paper trader for 6 months already.

So start paper (simulated) trading today and keep doing that working out your system until you have a system that wins consistently for 6 months and then try it for real.

i cant seem to find the answer im looking for. say you loose one point on the emini. do you loose the margin money you put up or just the 50$ for the one point loss?

The $50.00 plus roughly $4.00 for commissions give or take and as was pointed out, be prepared to lose it. That's not being negative just the nature of the game. Chalk it up to the price of an education or the cost of doing business.
thanks. i did already blow out a small account about 1k worth last year and put off my trading until i figured out how and learned more to do it better than last time. ive got a few demo accounts going now that i just signed up for so ill see how it goes. thanks again for all the help