Calculating pivot info

Hello everyone... I have wanted to ask this question for a long time.. When using data for calculating pivots, do people use prices til 4 pm or 4:15 pm.... and for Mondays numbers, do you use just Friday's info or do you use Sunday nights numbers also.

Thanks for any replies.. Jaxesdaytrader
First of all I'm assuming that you're talking about the ES?

I believe that almost everyone uses 4:15pm EST as the closing time/price for this contract for their calculations. As for Monday, Friday's closing figures are used. However, Sunday night's figures are used for calculating the Overnight Highs and Lows which are used as levels in the subsequent trading session - which is technically the same trading session.
Thanks for the reply...I usually don't use Sunday's numbers but I guess I'll calculate both and see what happens for Monday.. thanks again.
Originally posted by day trading

First of all I'm assuming that you're talking about the ES?

I believe that almost everyone uses 4:15pm EST as the closing time/price for this contract for their calculations. As for Monday, Friday's closing figures are used. However, Sunday night's figures are used for calculating the Overnight Highs and Lows which are used as levels in the subsequent trading session - which is technically the same trading session.
Just a follow up to calculating pivots question....

I see that in your definition of classic pivot calculation, it says to use the RTH session. Yet, it seems you include the O/N in your daily sheet calculations. Just wondering if you could clarify this for me.

Thanks
Are you talking about this definition?
http://www.mypivots.com/dictionary/definition/46/classic-pivot-points

I can't see in there where it says you should use RTH but irrespective of that you should use what works best for you. The data that we have available to use to generate the Daily Notes data is all session data so that is what we use.

If you find that the pivot points generated by RTH data produce better results for you then you can use the Pivot Point Calculator to calculate those.

Does that answer your question?