How do I install an indicator properly on TradeStation?

I was told to UNCHECK the box update value intra bar (tick by tick)
When I install a new indicator,(like a moving average, Mac D etc.) the reason I was told is, if I will not uncheck the box my computer will slow down significantly.
IS IT TRUE?
I would appreciate to hear your comment
What charting platform are you installing this indicator on?
I have a trade station platform. On a regular candle stick chart the default is to update any indicator tick by tick, I installed a new indicator showing the high and low of the esh11 at end of the day session and the globex. I was told to uncheck the box to update it tick by tick otherwise my computer will slow down I also heard for the first time I have to do the same for all moving averages I'm all confused.
I don't use TradeStation but most charting packages have that option which is the suggested use if you are using daily, weekly or monthly timeframes on a chart.
how about when I use the 5 minute charts. Do I have to update the moving avrages tick by tick or not?
That depends on your trading strategy. If your entry/exit is triggered off something that may develop on a tick by tick basis on that 5 minute chart then you should enable tick-by-tick updates. However, if the trigger is after the 5-minute bar closes then you would not need that level of updating.

Also, if you have a lot of charts open then you can set just one or two of them to tick-by-tick updates and have the rest disabled.
Originally posted by khamore1

I was told to UNCHECK the box update value intra bar (tick by tick)
When I install a new indicator,(like a moving average, Mac D etc.) the reason I was told is, if I will not uncheck the box my computer will slow down significantly.
IS IT TRUE?
I would appreciate to hear your comment

I use tradestation and have the update tick by tick option selected on most of my charts and have no noticeable slow down. If you have a computer built in the last few years, I wouldnt worry about it. Also like others have said, it depends on what timeframe you're trading. If you're only trading on a 5 minute basis or daily, then you don't really need the tick by tick updating, it's more for intraday trading.