ES Thu 9-1-11

Market Profile action from Wednesday's trading. No single prints. Market opened above Value Area and then late in the date traded down to VAH which would have been a buy at 1211.75 which would have been stopped out at 1207.75 for a 4 point loss which was one tick above the low of the day of 1207.50.

The validity of the VAH and VAL become less as the day progresses as this was the Value Area from the previous day.

Click image for original size
ES overnight 1 September 2011
Great point DT.....in general we want support or resistance tested early in the day. Later on too much energy builds up and fades become more difficult.

Originally posted by day trading

The validity of the VAH and VAL become less as the day progresses as this was the Value Area from the previous day.

lots of volume clustered in the 16 - 18 area. This is not an environment to buy or sell breakouts...it rarely is anyway. My prefered plan is to buy or sell and use the 1216 number specifically as a magnet price. I think that will be the first price that will need to be filled in and hopefully not before the day session begins....

outside of that I'm using the 1206 - 1208 area and the 1223 - 1225 area...that represents extremes to me and possible fade points

The market is symmetric in early trade!!
looking for 15.25 to be retested...air pocket there and value area number
short at 27.50...looking for 25 retest...
low volume created today is at 20 - 22.50...secondary targets
flat at 1220.....good luck today!!
great trading, Bruce. Bravo!
ES is struggling with its VWAP

Click image for original size
2011 09 011144