L2ST course review.

http://www.l2st.co.uk/

Wow ! What a great, well put together course ! If you like auction market, vwap and volume profile then this may be a great match for you.

One of the fantastic things about this course is that even if you don't use market/volume profiling, you will be learning order flow which will help you time your entries better no matter which method of trading you like. The instructor really knows his stuff and also covers risk management and trading plans.

A bonus for me is that he is a believer in NLP which stands for Neuro linguistic programing. This is basically a form of behavior modification to achieve peak performance in all areas of your life. My first exposure to this was with a guru named Tony Robbins - the big guy with the big teeth who puts on motivational seminars and has tapes and books etc. He isn't the originator. The instructor of this trading course has refined the concepts from the original sources and includes some fantastic material to help you improve your life. It's not just for trading ! He doesn't force this material on you and it doesn't seem to spill over into the presentation of the trading concepts. In other words you aren't getting a lot of self help and fake inspiration thrown at you while he talks about trading. This is a nice separation for those who aren't into that kind of stuff.

It really is well balanced and I am getting a lot out of it. I'm planning to write more after I finish the rest of the order flow videos. He speaks clearly and keeps the material going at a good pace.

As an example of something that came up and caught my attention this week was the Zig - zag indicator and how it can be used for measuring typical swings in your chosen market. Many here know that I like 2.5 - 4 points in the ES market....well he covers that concept with the zig zag indicator in the videos. I see that Ft71 is using that too...this course material was out there first and I can only assume that Ft71 got the idea from this course. We all borrow from each other and that is cool. So lots of people are using this material.

Like any course you need to apply yourself and I would imagine that it would be a big benefit to sit in on some of the live trading room to put things into current market context. I have not been in there so I cannot comment on the value of the room.

These days there are many courses out there that are jumping on the "orderflow" bandwagon. I myself have been mislead by false promises from others. I can assure you that this course is the real deal. There are over 30 hours of course material and I am only slightly over half way through.

I know it sounds like a big commercial but I have been around the markets for a long time and I have seen lots of crap out there. I do not see how anyone could go wrong learning from this course. It seems very complete and well thought out.
Good post Bruce, thanks. I look fwd to reading more.
Hey Bruce,

They have a variety of different packaged things they provide. What have you gone through ... what components are the ones you have experience with and might recommend?

Funky Monkey
I'm going through the 30 + hour online training package. That is the only material I am familiar with currently.
Looks cool ... am familiar with NLP in a general sense with my psych background. Can you share some substantive info that you've gained so far that is/has helped you in your own trading ... or what might be useful for others here, including me? It'd be nice to have that so that folks can get enough of the gig that makes sense to where it can be evaluated as to how it can aid traders. I'm always up for solid help in this arena. Btw, your daily vids are incredibly educational, useful and much appreciated!!!

A friend was recently cleaning out his house and came across a box set of around 30 Tony Robins CDs which had originally been sold on tape cassette before being moved onto CDs which let's you know how old this material is. He gave them to me and out of curiosity I've been playing them in the car and I'm amazed at how accurate his stuff is and how it hasn't become dated. Now and then he says "turn over the tape" which is funny and weird but the content is very applicable to trading psychology.
Hey Monkey

are you looking for something that is specific to trading like a technical concept or are you asking about the NLP stuff ?
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Looks cool ... am familiar with NLP in a general sense with my psych background. Can you share some substantive info that you've gained so far that is/has helped you in your own trading ... or what might be useful for others here, including me? It'd be nice to have that so that folks can get enough of the gig that makes sense to where it can be evaluated as to how it can aid traders. I'm always up for solid help in this arena. Btw, your daily vids are incredibly educational, useful and much appreciated!!!

Hey Brucifer,

Was just looking for an example or few of what and how something from the course has impacted your trading or aspects of how you approach and view the markets. Not to give away all their course goods ... just something that they provide that you can describe here. That's really all I was asking about. And it doesn't have to be NLP-related necessarily. Just wanted some real world substance to get a better handle on the service to evaluate it and determine that it may be something worth signing up for and delving into ... whether for me or any other folks here. Hope that makes sense.
Originally posted by day trading

He gave them to me and out of curiosity I've been playing them in the car and I'm amazed at how accurate his stuff is and how it hasn't become dated. Now and then he says "turn over the tape" which is funny and weird but the content is very applicable to trading psychology.

Why would it be dated? Human nature has not changed much over the last few thousands years.

I have no particular experience with the NLP, but it seems to be quite popular among traders. Is there any particular reason for that?